• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Starting a scene

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Assume for a moment that you found yourself somewhere where raves have never been. A place with clubs and dancers but no scene and no love as of yet.

How would you go about starting it all? How would you introduce others to parties? Where would you start?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
-Glowsticks on the corner, dancing to nothing.

-When crowd gathers, explain the difference between jungle and DNB.

-Profit.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

chooch

TRIBE Member
how about invite a bunch of party people you know to come down to an event that you host. invite the locals to them come and see what the vibe can be like with an open mind...al la footloose...profit!technics1200

joey

TRIBE Member
me too

i like starting scenes...
or at least getting everyones attention and making whomever im with embarassed

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
I would throw a benefit for Hillary Swank and invite Moby to play. I would also pass out red ribbons at the door.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Lil'Timmy said:
Put on binary finary and go from there
I remember when I was in residence. I put in "I Kiss your Lips" by tokyo ghetto pussy and within a week pretty much everyone on the floor was playing the song out of their rooms too. Therefore, any scene that begins, must start with ghetto pussy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
bring them Commander Tom, way to much Jib, dress them in overalls with no shirt on underneath, and put them in a skating rink.

Worked for me

Caz

TRIBE Member
bring them Commander Tom, way too much Jib, dress them in overalls with no shirt underneath and put them in a skating rink.

worked for me

annec

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Assume for a moment that you found yourself somewhere where raves have never been. A place with clubs and dancers but no scene and no love as of yet.

How would you go about starting it all? How would you introduce others to parties? Where would you start?
Oh Ditto, I thought you were planning to cause a scene WITH me. :eek:

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
The Truth said:
Toronto has never started a unique music scene...it has only followed ones that were started in other cities
Come off it, Vinnie. This is neither here nor there, homeboy.

He's not gesturing to some idylic reincarnation of the Toronto scene, nor did he even suggest it was some authentic birthplace. There's really no such thing as a unique scene, or a unique medium for that matter, rather multiplicities and refractions of those already in existence that in their subsequent (re)combinations birth something 'new' and often monsterous.

;)

Ditto, if you want to do something down there in corn-country, I think you should throw a field rave of death a la Freddy vs. Jason where party goers get slashed up by an 'angry goalie'.

There's something very Canadian you'd be bringing to that equation.

;)