• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Starting a Petition?

Preroller

TRIBE Member
does anyone know how many signatures you would need to make the government or other authorities to take notice of an issue?

I was thinking of going around cities and collecting names for a petition against the rediculous cost of insurance in Ontario. was hoping to get this going and hand it in to the proper people to get the MF wheels in motion cause im really sick of the way we are being treated in this province.

anyone have any experiance with petitions and could steer me in the rightr direction?

thanks
Dave

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
i think and im not positive this might be the states but you need 1000 signatures to have an issue brought up in forum

Preroller

TRIBE Member
We must go out on the links this year!

Looks like it will be weekends only for this cat as of now.

1000, thats not too many, I was thinking of getting 10000 at least. I even wrote a song about these jerks, death to the IMF (insurance motha fuckers). We are practicing it every week, in the hopes of a nation wide release :)

Zorro

TRIBE Member
There is no number really.

You can get your member of parliment to read anything into the records. Now that being said of course it would make a difference between 100 names and 10,000 names.

I have some experince working on this matter when some friends of mine tried this with all the bank fee's.

Hope this helps.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
yes we should definately hit the links the only thing is like im not sure how work will pan out for me with the chedual but if its weekends it'll have to be a saturday afternoon or evening ive been hitting balls all winter in the dome at sportworld i got some of my off the tee issues worked out i can't wait

Preroller

TRIBE Member
You know, doesnt everyone want to pays less for this stupid 'service'. I would think that if we ALL got together and said basically' fuck you guys' that we might be able to get something done. I think waaay to many people are too complacente(sp) and should take a stand.

Tell me one other 'service' where you get nothing for it, and you end up paying more, and if you actually do use the 'service' you end up paying an extra thousand dollars a year for? I am fed up, and im making it my lifes work now to take the motha fucking power back!

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TILT_Lance
yes we should definately hit the links the only thing is like im not sure how work will pan out for me with the chedual but if its weekends it'll have to be a saturday afternoon or evening ive been hitting balls all winter in the dome at sportworld i got some of my off the tee issues worked out i can't wait

hmm, maybe for the time being we can at least hit up the sportsdome then...I will be in K/W this weekend possibly Friday nihgt...what are the hours there?

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Preroller
You know, doesnt everyone want to pays less for this stupid 'service'. I would think that if we ALL got together and said basically' fuck you guys' that we might be able to get something done. I think waaay to many people are too complacente(sp) and should take a stand.

Tell me one other 'service' where you get nothing for it, and you end up paying more, and if you actually do use the 'service' you end up paying an extra thousand dollars a year for? I am fed up, and im making it my lifes work now to take the motha fucking power back!

I'll jump on that Horse with you. Seriously! My friends tried a big push for this. We stood at Subway Stations and got people to sign. We found this is where the most traffic is. ;)

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
hmm, maybe for the time being we can at least hit up the sportsdome then...I will be in K/W this weekend possibly Friday nihgt...what are the hours there?

im not too sure i think till 9 but friday i work till close and i have to watch my god daughter on friday morning but if you are available im normally free tuesdays thursdays and saturday afternoon

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TILT_Lance
im not too sure i think till 9 but friday i work till close and i have to watch my god daughter on friday morning but if you are available im normally free tuesdays thursdays and saturday afternoon

fuck, for now, those times are no good, but Saturdays will work for me in a few weeks-a month or so...anyway, either that or whenever the golf academy? by the dump opens we can at least go and hit the range...

PM me your number and I'll be in touch with ya.

DAVE

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
fuck, for now, those times are no good, but Saturdays will work for me in a few weeks-a month or so...anyway, either that or whenever the golf academy? by the dump opens we can at least go and hit the range...

PM me your number and I'll be in touch with ya.

DAVE

from what i understand is that its goin now but im not positive

yeah the pm is on its way

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
We did petitions for the school strike (which didn't happen)
we had 20 signatures per page.. and all colleges were doing it all across ontario. So that's gotta say something about the amount of signatures you need.

Good luck with the fight.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
We did petitions for the school strike (which didn't happen)
we had 20 signatures per page.. and all colleges were doing it all across ontario. So that's gotta say something about the amount of signatures you need.

Good luck with the fight.

and the anmount of pages was..........?

Preroller

TRIBE Member
So, how should I word the petition?

'Do you agree that the way insurance companies are run in Ontario is detremental to us?'

'Would you support a total overhaul of the insurance system in Ontario?'

'Do you think the insurance companies are a bunch of greedy assholes, and that we should lynch evryone of them motha fuckers?'

Zorro

TRIBE Member

'Do you think the insurance companies are a bunch of greedy assholes, and that we should lynch evryone of them motha fuckers?'

I'd start there.

chemi11

TRIBE Member
Id sign it. It's very over priced for something you may never use. And then when you need it you have to fight for it. BULLSHIT!!!
Mike