• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

starting a new job

swenard

TRIBE Member
I quit my job last week and I start my new job today. It was quite a stressful decision. I was at my old job for 5 years.
Now I am staying in the same industry but going to a new company that is much more lucrative. But, I still wonder if I made the right decision or not. Plus they will fire my girlfriend today at my old company. They will say it is a "conflict of interest" So we will both be geting new jobs.

Oh well what can you do...

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Your GF is going to get fired? Does she have another job lined up?
No offense, but I'd be pretty ticked if my BF took a job somewhere that resulted in me losing my job.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Are you sure they can fire your gf because you left the company??? That doesn't sound right at all.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
Are you sure they can fire your gf because you left the company??? That doesn't sound right at all.

depends what industry it is...in marketing etc I know a lot of places make you sign confidentiality clauses that could easily say that your spouse or house mate can not work for direct competition.

you should have simply quit and not told them where you were going to, there's probably no way they'd have found out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

finary

TRIBE Promoter
I'm sure you made the right decision. Progress is always good.

Don't confuse the fear of change with doubt. It's natural to be uneasy after making such a big life change.

/finary