• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Star Blazers to be made in to live action film...

Woody

TRIBE Member
Star_blazers_07.jpg

STAR BLAZERS Cruises Toward Big Screen
Dateline: Wednesday, April 26, 2006

By: NEWS EDITOR
By:
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Benderspink Productions and producer Josh C. Kline to produce a live action version of STAR BLAZERS.

In the 70's and 80's, three TV series and five animated feature films were produced based on the property. The story is set in the 22nd century after an alien attack on Earth forces survivors to live in underground cities. After a message arrives from a distant planet promising a cure for the growing surface radiation, Earth's last hope rests on the crew of a powerful yet untested spaceship, which must reach the purported new ally and return home before mankind ceases to exist.

No screenwriter is attached yet.

Oh my, I used to watch this on channel 47 after school way way way back in the day...

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
holy fuck! haven't seen that cartoon in ages. one of my childhood faves!

"...we're off to outer space...we're saving mother earth!!..."

d

derek

TRIBE Member
i have a couple of the season (six i think) on vhs. still watch it once n' a while.

cheers,

derek

Brandon

TRIBE Member
dvs said:
"...we're off to outer space...we're saving mother earth!!..."

d

That show had the best theme song ever. So inspiring!

That and the funkadelic guitar soundtrack.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Its called Battleship YAMATO! Not star blazers. That is the stupid english name they gave it so we would not be offended by a japanese war symbol.

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
swilly said:
Its called Battleship YAMATO! Not star blazers. That is the stupid english name they gave it so we would not be offended by a japanese war symbol.

Well that's what they do when they bring Japanese shows to America.
Shows like Transformers, Robotech and Battle of the Planets might not have been as popular if they were called Takera fighting Robots, GEnesis CLimber Mospeda and Science Ninja Force Gatchaman.

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Balzz said:
They should just have 2 hours of shooting the gun. That's what everyone watches for anyway.

When they go to lightspeed is pretty cool too.
Seems like a very exausting experience.

Brandon

TRIBE Member
SENSEi said:
Well that's what they do when they bring Japanese shows to America.
Shows like Transformers, Robotech and Battle of the Planets might not have been as popular if they were called Takera fighting Robots, GEnesis CLimber Mospeda and Science Ninja Force Gatchaman.

Totally. With Robotech in particular, it would have been more like, 'here are three unrelated anime shows strung together to make one show now enjoy keeping the plotlines straight!'