• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Stanton Warriors and Freq Nasty

Muffin

TRIBE Member
yay - this is the first thread I've ever started!

I am waaaaaaaaaay too drunk to be posting right now, but that is neither here nor there, the point is...

Freq Nasty OWNED me!

too bad I couldn't have stayed around for the end of his set.

met some tribers - Galactic Phantom, and Vinder from tribe (who is the best person to dance next to ev-ar), and wanted to introduce myself to others, but was too shy (crazy sue, cri, watcher).

BREAKS!!!!! yes yes y'all!

oh lord I am drunk, someone please review this event properly.

FoxyM

TRIBE Member
Awesome! Just got home. That was a great party... might write a review tomorrow if not, I had fun. Loved the Stanton Warriors. Freq Nasty was definitely worth staying for and had me rocking out pretty hard.

assassaint

TRIBE Member
FoxyM said:
Freq Nasty was definitely worth staying for and had me rocking out pretty hard.

Freq Nasty OWNED me!
i said it before but ill say it one more time (FOR NOW), freq nasty is one sick, twisted individual.

i mean WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what the fuck was that? the best live breeaks set of all times. and the energy......

why the fuck did they close down the place at 4:20?

nice mmeting ya farbsie, hopefully ill make it next make it funky gig.

freq nasty kicked the shit outta me, that was fucking insane set, thats what all breaks should soud like, fast, raw and crazy

awesome night, fucking awesome, i really needed this

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Guys, that was a sick sick night. Got there mid d-monic and danced pretty much non stop until freq got on.. stay for the first couple of tracks but my legs were giving out. It was wicked fun dancing and stanton warriors never cease to amaze me! SOOO much better than Hush last year. will post a more concise review after a couple more hours of bed.

muffin, just say hi next time!

robb g... I believe... I.... believe! hahahaha. I'm a shmuck!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
That was fantastic!
D-Monic was wicked. I always enjoy his tunes. He knows how to work a crowd. Stanton Warriors played a great set full of killer tracks. Highlights for me include MIA and remix Feel Good Inc. I don't think I have one complaint about the music last night.

I thought the crowd was incredibly cool. Everyone was so nice, there were good people present and it wasn't rammed to the tits.

I also like the new Orange Room renovations. Very aesthetically pleasing compared to the barren raver wasteland that was the OR before. I always felt like I was in a giant creamsicle. Good job with the upper level too where the sound was muffled and you could sit and chat.

I was really tempted to put the plastic Irish hat on Freq but I wasn't that drunk or high. Guy with the daishiki (sp?) made my night.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

-Rudebwoy_Chin-

TRIBE Member
Shit, that was so good it was fattening. I went with mild expectations, hoping to hear a few good tracks, but that was one of the best nights music-wise I have been to in a minute.
I thought the stanton warriors played a sick set, dropping some great vocals and rolling basslines. Good to hear the virus, i figured it was going to be played some time during their set.
Freq Nasty has ridiculous dreads and made me think of two things. It must be a bitch at the airport, cuz he could be hiding a massive hair bomb, and when it rains his head must weight like 57 pounds.
As soon as Freq stepped up, the volume got cranked, the bpm jolted up, and the intensity was ridiculous. His opening track was insane, best song of the night for me. He got the crowd pretty hype playing a Rage song and pretty much owned the night.

Amazing night musically. Was very surprised the jam was so sparse. For the people there it was great, as there was room to dance, walk around, and it wasn't a sauna. While the numbers were not there, the quality of people was. Infinite thanks to the nice woman who noticed i dropped my coat check ticket and pointed it out to me. Very impressed, the show exceeded all of my expectations.

If someone could please id Freq Nasty's opening song that would be much appreciated. It was honestly the best song I have heard in a while, new or old.
Also if someone could tell me who remixed the gorillaz feel good inc song that would be equally appreciated.

ps. you know its a proper jam when you sober up by last call and still get a natural high from the beats.
pps. did anyone record either of stantons or freq set?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Wicked night! Got there earlyish before the place really started to fill up, really really got into the Stanton Warriors set (IMO it was better than Freq's)...just wall-to-wall awesome. Freq's set was really good too, though...dropping a lot of really eclectic stuff.

Nice to meet Krzysiu, Vinder (I've got hives on my nuts!), GP, Kat, et al...Hope to see you out again when I'm not quite as drunk/stoned!

vinder

TRIBE Member
wicked jam! got to meet some very cool people, and rocked out huge! at one point dan d-monic was dancing full on next to me, i've never seen that before in my life!

musically, dan warmed things up nicely with some tight tunes! i was in the lounge area being ridiculous chatting up a storm and yelling like a douche, but the music drew me in. the warriors were, well the warriors. BIG bassy stuff with some killer beats. the gorillaz remix!!!! then, highlight of the night for me, freq nasty. RAVE BREAKS bitches, RAVE BREAKS! when he came on, the tempo got taken up a notch, and the floor got pounded with some of the fattest beats ever! granted it's not the most up front stuff, and a lot of his tunes are older, but who cares! he got me dancing so fierce! he always drops the "best breaks track of all time" which i've asked people what it was a million times, got the answer and have forgotten every single time, lol.

crowd was great too! a sea of smiling faces, all dancing up a storm. i was surrounded by some very happy people last night, and that feeling was infectious. i couldn't help but have a big stupid grin plastered on my face :D

fantastic night out, BO!

Last edited:

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
As expected, last night was an absolute riot! Breaks always bring out the best crowd. Our night was one of full-out rediculous jokes, and tom-foolery.
Couldn't ask for a better time of laughing and dancing.

It was nice to walk in hearing d-monic throwing down some breaks on the raggae tip. Totally feelin dat! Then the Stanton warriors (whom I wasn't expecting much from) totally threw down! Last time I heard them I wasn't at all impressed.... then again, I believe they were winding down their previous tour and were tired and grumpy. :p Well last night was a total turn around from them!

As for Freq.... well what can I say that has'nt already been said? That's why I see him every time he's in the city. HE NEVER DISAPPOINTS! Plus he's a nice guy to boot! Always love it when he plays the oldschool rave classics... Once again... "Higher state of conciousness" WHAT?! killer!

Bumped into a bunch of tribers as expected. Everyone appeared to be having a lot of fun. Dem breaks are infectious!
Cheers to everyone (DJ's, Dancers, Jokers, lurkers) for making the night what it was!!!!!

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
I was wasted! but had a great time from the points of the night I remember. Great tunes, great crowd, lots of dancing space (or maybe it was stumble dancing for me at some points). A lot of faces I hadn't seen in quite a while, which was nice.

Big thanks to Laurie, Cri and Watcher for the lift home. I hope my babbling made some sort of sense. :p

Gatorade is the miracle worker this morning,
Dan

zee

TRIBE Member
so destroyed

fuck stanton warriors played one of the best sets in recent memory
dope the whole way through, almost 2 hours too!

vibe was amazing. everyone was digging it
breaker boys are ridiculously hot

Forever Free

TRIBE Member
hokey doodle!

WOW! wicked time for sure

stanton warriors were everything i was hoping for and them some!
can't help feel that robb g was robbed... and so were we... party was shut down far too early - could have used more of his sweet beats

many thanks from the 2BC out to frank, az, and shaunasie for their good vibes - twas a serious treat folks

until the next, keep boucin'

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
stantons are the shit!

for those that don't know... Robb G is opening up the Prodigy & Adam Freeland show in Tuesday! :eek:

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Had an awesome time! Met so many wonderful people. It's cool how it was a pretty intimate gathering of people. Lots of Tribers which made is a particular treat! I danced the whole time I was there. (Which is nothing new, but the music was spectacular for shakin that ass... :p)

Stanton Warriors really know how to throw down.

Nice to meet everyone! It felt like people are just getting out of hibernation mode, and this was a perfect party for it.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
damnit, sunny get it together grouch, i so wanted to hit this, but needed a ride home, i so fucking hate living in the 905
Bailerballjones.

Nice to meet you finally caz. Too bad you guys couldn't come out. REALLY good time. Worth the cash last night.

Pics to posted soon.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I didnt get there untill about 3:30... you guys must have left before then. I really didnt see any familiar faces at all, except for the lovely Monica and a not-so-drunked Red Turtle.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

shylock_one

TRIBE Member
I had such a wicked time! Maybe I was looking too ordinary but at the front door the bouncer gave me a inquisitive look and asked "Are you here for the breaks?" <insert the people's eyebrow here>. I gave a resounding "YES!" and was let in after a major pat down.

Tons of room to dance and with lots of friendly people. Met some cool people (including the watcher who was kind enough to give me a few tips about meeting women).

The first track by the Stantons was HEAVY. Anyone have a ID on that one?

Highlight of the night was definitely when Freq dropped Killing in the Name of. The last thing I expected that night was throwing my hands up in the devil's salut while headbanging and screaming, "Now you do what they told'ja!!"

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
wicked jam! got to meet some very cool people, and rocked out huge! at one point dan d-monic was dancing full on next to me, i've never seen that before in my life!

musically, dan warmed things up nicely with some tight tunes! i was in the lounge area being ridiculous chatting up a storm and yelling like a douche, but the music drew me in. the warriors were, well the warriors. BIG bassy stuff with some killer beats. the gorillaz remix!!!! then, highlight of the night for me, freq nasty. RAVE BREAKS bitches, RAVE BREAKS! when he came on, the tempo got taken up a notch, and the floor got pounded with some of the fattest beats ever! granted it's not the most up front stuff, and a lot of his tunes are older, but who cares! he got me dancing so fierce! he always drops the "best breaks track of all time" which i've asked people what it was a million times, got the answer and have forgotten every single time, lol.

crowd was great too! a sea of smiling faces, all dancing up a storm. i was surrounded by some very happy people last night, and that feeling was infectious. i couldn't help but have a big stupid grin plastered on my face :D

fantastic night out, BO!
Vinder... I hate you.

Sunny, great to see ya fella'.

P.S. Vinder.... I still hate you.

zee

TRIBE Member

emma, sunny and adam getting his chair-dance on

chris and i dorking out

vinder and ?

joe!

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
great night!
got into the club around 12:40 (a little later than planned) and Stantons were on, got a beer and stepped on the dancefloor to hear Pop Your Cork, so right away I knew it was going to be a great night. I love what the Stantons do with both of them jamming together, droppin' vocals and fuckin' with the pitch (like when dropping Doom's Night to 33rpm and dubbing Method Man over top).
then Freq killed it as per his usual crowd rockin' styles.

hell, all around, this is the best music I've heard since last May when Drumattic Twins were at Boa, and if last Friday were on an equal soundsystem I'd probably say this would've had it beat.

the crowd was great even though I was expecting a higher turnout, but that just left more room to get funky. and although I was a little disappointed to see it end so early as we had gotten to the club at the time we did, but oh well, still the best event I've been to so far this year.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories