1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Stag 'n Doe Tix - who to sell 'em to?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by labRat, Feb 9, 2004.

1. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

So, I'm on three wedding parties this summer and two of them will be having Stag 'n Doe parties to weasle as much cash out of people as possible.

So with this, I will be tasked to sell tickets to these parties.

Now, my question is - to whom? I can't sell them at work, since no one knows these people. I can't sell them to my other friends since they don't know each other. I can't sell them to my family, since they don't know them other than by name.

Should I just buy ten tickets myself and say that I sold them off to save myself the troubles?

I feel like I'm ten, selling candy bars to the neighbours.

ps. Anyone wanna buy a ticket? The first one's a Mexican theme - tequilla and the runs are included.

2. opium_souldjah

opium_souldjah TRIBE Member

ebay? Lol, that could end up really weird!

3. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

well c'mon...theres got to be a reason that youre in the wedding party.
    you've got to be close enough to the people who are getting married that you must know some of their friends.

if you're a relative and not a friend, there have got to be cousins and such who you can sell tickets to.

4. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I really, really, really despise Stag and Does.

Maybe you could sell tickets to ex-lovers of the bride and groom, you know, to keep things fun and interesting?

5. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

well, the other friends are in the wedding party. His work friends will be covered, and most of his friends are 'work' friends. I don't know his family at all, other than his brother.

And I hardly know her.

Maybe I'll try the ebay thing.

6. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

7. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

so do i.

8. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

You can sell them to your single friends with the promise of drunk bridesmaids also attending. They dont really have to know the bride and groom.

9. rejenerate

rejenerate TRIBE Member

The idea of having a party where your friends and family have to pay to get in...lame.

~jen

10. Evil Dynovac

Evil Dynovac TRIBE Member

When I hear Stag N' Doe I think - oh there goes another pussy whipped punk with no balls.

A stag is the time a man gets together with his male friends to have a blow-out, recall ones bachelor living years fondly, and say goodbye to an old way of life. It's a straight up ritual that has been corrupted by uptight women who don't trust their men.

My stag was a rite of passage and I will never forget it as long as I live.

There is a party where both the bride and the groom get together with all their friends and celebrate their union, IT'S CALLED THE FUCKING WEDDING!

11. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

... and pay to drink and spend money gambling... to help pay for a wedding that you may or may not attend (and have to buy shower and wedding gifts). :mad:

12. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

I've never been to one, and can pretty much guarantee I won't ever.

13. gollum

gollum TRIBE Member

Does anyone actually go to these?

What I mean is don't only people who really have no life go to Stag and Does? in my experience only small towns still have these things, and so by association only people still in a small town mind set throw them.

Maybe its the name association, but The only person I associate with that does this sort of thing is my sister, and even she has admitted that her friends are lame.

But in answer to your query: Post a notice at UoW about a kegger and then sell the tickets to anyone who responds.

Or sell them to people on Tribe and tell them some hype DJ will be there.

14. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Having been to a few of these I have mixed feelings on them. At one hand its kinda gouging your friends for money. Inviting people that your more than welcome to take their cash, but no good enough to go to the wedding. On the other hand, some couples need all the help they can get to fund their lives together, wedding, first home etc.

My dad always said, "if you invite strippers, they will come", or was it "if you build it, they will come"

:confused:

15. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Then maybe they should get married when they have their shit together?

16. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Shit together? Dont you think thats a little harsh?

17. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Probably. I'm a cold-hearted, unromantic bitch. ;)

18. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Jack and Jills, Stag 'n Doe whatever, its all in effort to keep us guys from throwing massive bachelor parties for christs sake. I say no more! no more!

Its more of a fundraising party, thats the way I look at it. I would never throw one, but Ive been to a few for some friends. I didnt feel robbed. I felt like I contributed.

19. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

I've been to 3 stag and doe parties. One was extremely lame and the other 2 were awesome. One was at audiowerks and vox and c64 were spinning and everyone basically drank their faces off and bought raffle tickets for donated booze and piercings and tattoos, and the other one was at some irish pub where the same activities took place (except no vox or c64).

I'm perfectly happy helping my friends out with a little cash, I didn't feel gouged at all.

20. IgStar

IgStar TRIBE Member

me too. detest them.
    but I like your idea!:D

21. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

or elope.

if the couple in question are both adults than they shouldn't have any problem caring for themselves *as adults*. if they need all the help they can get to fund their lives together, wedding, house, etc. than maybe they should stay at home with mummy and daddy.

i'd never go to a stag and doe - just because i'm related to someone or they're my friend doesn't mean they have to suck cash out of me. there are all these other commitmants too, i've known couples who've had a stag and doe, a wedding shower, and then a bachelor party, bride's night out...it's ridiculous.

22. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I've been to a Stag and Doe here and it was different that what I am used to. Up north a Stag is always the same thing - $20 ticket, all you can drink beer, all you can eat pasta and meatballs. You wheel a TV in and watch the game, get liquored, have some draws, then all the young guys hit the peelers and get the guest of honour on stage. It's tradition.

23. Muad'ib

Muad'ib Well-Known TRIBEr

All of my friends that are married eloped. How does this thing work? You invite people you don't know/like to come and pay money for a party they don't want to go to? Or is it really to have a bachelor and stagette together, because that is just lame.

24. JEMZ

JEMZ TRIBE Member

I dunno. Im having a stag and doe. It will be a good opportunity for people to get some cheap booze and have a good night together. Ive been to a lot of stag and does and Ive enjoyed them all.

Meh dont like em? coolio. But I cant invite everyone to my wedding, so this will be a good way to celebrate with everyone I feel :)

25. j bunny 2000

j bunny 2000 TRIBE Member

I've been to a few. The games and stuff can get to be a bit much and irritating. I went to one in milton that was only young people and i had a blast. I bartended at one in Brantford and its was the craziest thing i've seen. I think half the city must have come out for it (old and young) and the bride and groom must have made a killing. The brantford locals were drunks, and i think we went through at least 2 cases of rye and had to cut off about 10 people off and beat people back b/c they were trying to sneak behind the bar. I guess it really is a more small town thing.

~j*bunny~