• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

St. Patrick's Day Craft Project- Vinyl Wolf

nawberry

TRIBE Member

“To err is human, to craft is devine”

One of the many lessons that I have learned from crafting is that if you want to maintain your sanity (and I sure know I want to be sane), you have got to not get too hung up on your mistakes, and improvise. Otherwise the rage will take control of you and you may do bad things.

I call this go-with-the-flow approach to life, “mistakrovising”, and I find myself doing it more and more of late.

I discovered the act, or art, of “mistakrovising” after a recent misguiding attempt at St..Paddy’s inspired crafting.

Although you all probably think of me a world-class craft-making guy, as it turns out, without the constant guidance and hands-on assistance of Doris from Lewiscraft (who really turned “psycho” on me), I am, in actuality, a sub-par crafter.

I came to this realization (about my sub par craft skills) over past couple of weeks, during which time I had been trying to craft myself a leprechaun without even a hint of success.

One week ago, with no tangible crafts to show for my efforts, I had nearly lost a bit of finger on three separate occasions, and had somehow sealed my left eye shut with ordinary white glue (which cost me a couple of vital crafting days).

My original plan was to unveil an awe-inspiring vinyl leprechaun on St. Patrick’s Day.

My hope was that my leprechaun would evoke popularity amongst tribers and possibly elicit me some free green Guinnesses at pubs from barkeeps that were smitten with my craftwork.

Unfortunately for me however, I was living in a fuckin dreamworld, and this plan soon derailed, leaving me angered and lonely for a couple of (really tough) days.

For what its worth, I was going to name my leprechaun “Herman”.

Then, in the midst of despair, I instinctively pulled one of my stupid attempts at a leprechaun from the garbage, and realized that with some well-positioned googly eyes it would make a good wolf. In fact, it would make a great wolf!

The first googly eyes that I placed were not well-positioned at all, and the result looked like more of a manatee/panda hybrid, but unphased, I closed my eye, and tried to place the googly eyes again…. and look what I came up with:

leather_wolf_f.jpg

One of the best craft wolfs that I have ever seen.

So there you go, IN YOUR FACE DORIS, here is my St Patrick’s Day wolf.

Happy St Patrick Day!

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Soulster

TRIBE Member
today is my birthday and i am sad that you didn't make me a vinyl bithday cake. or even a vinyl skyscraper. instead you chose to insult me by making a vinyl wolf for st. pattie's day.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NAWBERRY.

nawberry

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
today is my birthday and i am sad that you didn't make me a vinyl bithday cake. or even a vinyl skyscraper. instead you chose to insult me by making a vinyl wolf for st. pattie's day.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NAWBERRY.

Need I remind you that the last time I made a craft dedicated to you, you acted kind of creeped out. So I chose to play it cool and do the craft wolf thang.

...and now I find out that my craft wolf has caused misery?

Fuck crafts!

They are the work of the devil.

All crafts do is lead to glued eyes, heartache, and Lewiscraft Credit Cards that have fallen into default.

I am going to try my hand at pottery and/or demolition.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nawberry

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
Good eye, Scout.

Could this also be made using leather? I've always fancied myself a bit of a leatherwolf.

Before I decided to abandon crafting as a hobby I was toying with the idea of making wolves out of bubble wrap.

But that was the old nawberry.

I think leather could come across as a little pretentious. As Dylan would say, "this ain't Beverly Hills".

Unless, of course, you use a tan leather. There is no pretense to tan leather.

But remember R4V4G3D_SKU11S the most important ingredient in crafts is glue and/or pipecleaners.

You can have my stash of pipecleaners as I won't be using them anytime soon. Lets say for $75?

dg0425

TRIBE Member
Doris from Lewiscraft sounds like she could use a good pounding. To finish you could seal her eye shut with a hot sticky load of white "glue".

dg0425

TRIBE Member
btw, how is it you have no problem typing R4V4G3D_SKU11S but you can't type dg0425 without fucking it up?

derek

TRIBE Member
seeing as you quittin your crafts gig, you may want to consider taking up the the art of pogo stick repairman.

lube.gif

nawberry

TRIBE Member
dg0425 said:
btw, how is it you have no problem typing R4V4G3D_SKU11S but you can't type dg0425 without fucking it up?

Oh sorry Dg4205, did I hurt your feelings....

not to be a jerk, but the reason I have no problem typing R4V4G3D_SKU11S corrrectly is because I take the time to do so because R4V4G3D_SKU11S deserves to be written properly as R4V4G3D_SKU11S doesn't post stupid questions..

unlike you DoG245.

Signed,

pb0522

nawberry

TRIBE Member
derek said:
seeing as you quittin your crafts gig, you may want to consider taking up the the art of pogo stick repairman.

lube.gif

Pogo sticks have far too many lubrication points to remember, and an improperly lubricated pogo stick is an accident waiting to happen.

and anyhow with the way kids are now, in these modern times of wireless classrooms, I-pod minis and St.Louis Bar & Grills at Skydome, Kids don't repair their pogo stick, they just get a new one or move on to other things like crack. I can't remember the last time I saw a pogo repair shop.

If I were to take up any kind of repair I think it would be something simpler, like sea king helicopters (which have only one lubrication point-the rotor).

I think I am going to dedicate my time teaching children things like how to sneak into skydome, dice games, and the precise point on an escalator where a simple backkick will cause the whole unit to stop. You know, give something back to the community.

derek

TRIBE Member
explains why nobody's responded to my pogo stick repairman ads at the local libraries and rec centres where kids love to hang out. damn consumer society.

sea king helpcopters are just fancy inverted pogo sticks that don't bounce well.

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Nice! Honestly i was too lazy to read all of this to see if it was a joke or not, but sometimes on Fridays my equally bored, 9-5er friends and I have a friday craft competition where we're given a task to make a specific thing out of stuff only found in our offices. Pictures of said craft are taken w/digital cameras or cell phones and e-mailed to a non-crafting friend who judges the entries.

Last week was making glasses/mustache combos, this week is a Saint Patty's hat. :D

kmac

TRIBE Member
I heard that Doris from Lewiscraft had to get a restraining order against you, nawbs. Any truth to that?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's true, kmac. Doris came over last night to "watch the OC" and afterwards, as we were cleaning up (paper mache can get quite messy), she said that the 3am-3pm Zone romps with Nawbs were really starting to interfere with her ability to provide the quality advice on macrame that Lewiscraft prides itself on.

nawberry

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
I heard that Doris from Lewiscraft had to get a restraining order against you, nawbs. Any truth to that?

She didn't Have to get a restraining order, she chose to get it.

nawberry

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
It's true, kmac. Doris came over last night to "watch the OC" and afterwards, as we were cleaning up (paper mache can get quite messy), she said that the 3am-3pm Zone romps with Nawbs were really starting to interfere with her ability to provide the quality advice on macrame that Lewiscraft prides itself on.

I keep thinking about how messy Doris was and laughing to myself thinking I am lucky that she is now out of my life.

Sure I was heartbroken, but look at me now, solid as a rock emotionally.

Hey Flashy, can you tell her about how I seem like I am really over her next time you see her?

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:

Ha ha, you watched the OC with Doris as well?

Let me tell you for me it was once and only once. First she kept telling me I was a pedophile cause I wanted to bang Marissa's little sister. Second of all she kept coming up with stupid crafty ideas of what she could make to dress up Mr. Oats. Judging by all these stories it would seem Doris is a real slut.

PS: Don't get into the rails with Doris. Her jealousy compounds ten fold. I finally ditched her at Hotel later that night. From what Nawberry had told me there was no way I was bringing her to the zone with me later on. Although I hear Phyllis from Fabricland is a real minx in bed and I'm willing to give her a go.

nawberry

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
PS: Don't get into the rails with Doris. Her jealousy compounds ten fold. I finally ditched her at Hotel later that night. From what Nawberry had told me there was no way I was bringing her to the zone with me later on. Although I hear Phyllis from Fabricland is a real minx in bed and I'm willing to give her a go.

Phyllis is no Esther from Sassy Beads, but she is fun to hang out with.

I thought you were seeing Michael from Michaels, or was it Boucair from Boucairs? Or are you allowed to see other people?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
nawberry said:
I keep thinking about how messy Doris was and laughing to myself thinking I am lucky that she is now out of my life.

Sure I was heartbroken, but look at me now, solid as a rock emotionally.

Hey Flashy, can you tell her about how I seem like I am really over her next time you see her?

Come to think of it, she did scream your name "accidentally" when we popped the balloon after the newspaper dried. Hrm...the idea of getting your sloppy seconds (or after reading Kingers post, triflin' thirds) is both sickening and for some reason, arousing.