• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

St. Lucia? Anyone been?

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
The title says it all. I'm thinking of going to St. Lucia at the end of Feb. and was wondering if anyone out there has been and could give me a lowdown of where they stayed (region) and what their experiences were like. From what I've seen it looks like a beautiful place to vacation.

Peas and planks.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Can't remember where the fuck I was, but it's GORGEOUS there. Stayed there for a week or so, then went to Greneda for a week or so. Both incredible places, rich with culture, and not terribly over run with tourists like some other places are. Highly reccomended.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
The beaches are surreal. White sand for as far as you can see, and there's plenty of tour companies operating off the beach that do everything from booze cruises to snorkeling excursions. Not your typical all-inclusive crowd. Usually the crowd is there for the actual experience rather than just an all you can drink bender.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Liquidity
yes, its very nice. kinda TOO touristy maybe?

(was there on a cruise stopover)

I wouldn't say too touristy. You don't really get too many ignorant tourists there (mind you it's been a while since I've been there so it may have changed). I found that tourists try to blend in with the local culture rather than the other way around.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
It's my favorite place on the planet.

Stunning.

You cant get some great deals if you have the $$ i.e. renting a mountianside villa with your own chef and junk for almost the same as some of the resorts. Only you can split the house with all the friends you can pack into it ^^

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
'Juan Love' from this board's family is from St. Lucia, and he speaks highly of it.

Except for the last time he was there, when he was in church and militant Rastafarians fire-bombed it, and excecuted the priest in front of everyone.

But other than that, I'm sure it's all good.
Maybe PM him, and he can tell you where to stay, check out, etc.

Originally posted by Stormshadow
Except for the last time he was there, when he was in church and militant Rastafarians fire-bombed it, and excecuted the priest in front of everyone.

But other than that, I'm sure it's all good.

!!!!!!!

My ex ran the windsurfing program @ the Club Med St. Lucia location - apparently it's super well known for having great w-surfing conditions.

I've got loads of (non-scanned) pics which show the places he hiked (great hiking/climbing) and the beaches (which seemed a bit rocky).

Looked like a great place to visit, esp for the culture, which he enjoyed immensely.

Re: Shoe

TRIBE Member
My wife and I went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. We stayed at a resort called "LeSport" on the extreme southern tip of the island.

It was awesome - people were very friendly, great beaches and incredible scuba/snorkeling. Majority of the tourists were British.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i enjoyed my stay in st lucia, my second favorite island in the carribean :)

(#1 is virgin gorda)

like any of the touristy carribean islands, paying a (nice) local taxi guy to show you around the island is a good idea during your first few days, get a feel of what's there before you decide what to do :)

Last edited:

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Hey, i'm looking for some recommendations for good resorts in St.Lucia. Preferably adults only and good food!

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
Hey, i'm looking for some recommendations for good resorts in St.Lucia. Preferably adults only and good food!

As Reshoe mentioned Le Sport by Bodyholiday is adults only and great food - cariblue has a varied/fresh breakfast buffet and lunch buffet and a solid a la carte menu the clubhouse has a bbq grill and casual fare for dinner, the deli is a good lunch spot with fresh paninis smoothies and salads and espresso drinks and there is an asian fusion restaurant tao with some tasty seafood dishes. You also get one free spa treatment every day that you are there except for arrival and departure date. Lots of watersports and day trip opportunities and the staff are extremely friendly. Good beach butler service too.

Thunder

TRIBE Member
My parents went this year for a wedding and absolutely loved it! They've been to pretty much every island in Caribbean so for them to come back saying they loved it makes me think I want to go there some day soon as well. I've never been to an island where I could use my french either, that would be a trip.

2canplay

TRIBE Member
As Reshoe mentioned Le Sport by Bodyholiday is adults only and great food - cariblue has a varied/fresh breakfast buffet and lunch buffet and a solid a la carte menu the clubhouse has a bbq grill and casual fare for dinner, the deli is a good lunch spot with fresh paninis smoothies and salads and espresso drinks and there is an asian fusion restaurant tao with some tasty seafood dishes. You also get one free spa treatment every day that you are there except for arrival and departure date. Lots of watersports and day trip opportunities and the staff are extremely friendly. Good beach butler service too.

I second Le Sport as a recommendation. Great spot. Don't forget to rent a car and drive down the coast (however, you have to like winding roads, driving standard, and mountains!). We flew through NYC (spent a few days there as well) because AA had some pretty cheap direct flights to St. Lucia.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I stayed at the Sandals Grande when I was there and loved it. Everything, the food, activities, staff, accommodations were amazing.

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
Sandals - Halcyon is the adult resort. Smaller than the other two Sandals on the island but what is great about that chain is they offer free shuttles to all of their resorts where you can make use of their restaurants etc. It was nice to not have to deal with kids and drunk college / university students. The food was incredible.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in St. Lucia.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I've been reading up on the Sandals adults only resorts on Tripadvisor.com and there are some pretty nasty reviews of the place. I'm a little nervous about that. One couple said they found cockroaches in their couches! Yuck!

Out of the 2 resorts which is better? The Grande or the Regency La Toc?