• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Spring/Summer Fashion Thread

sarafina

TRIBE Member
i bought two new dresses - can't find good pics online - in florida last week. one is grey strappy halter style, other is sort of greek style in a coral colour. Both are super comfy material. and i also bought two pairs of sandals. and a brown cargo-type mini skirt. argh i just want to wear my new stuff now!

ooh and yes i like the cutesy stuff *sometimes* i also bought a little grey bag with stars on it

vox

TRIBE Member
i'm looking forward to loads of vintage muumuus, tent dresses, et al. and i don't think they make you look pregnant at all. it's really a body type issue. i also love to cinch them and balance the proportion with a shrunken jacket.

i just picked up this graphic number:

vox

TRIBE Member
ebay, sister!

this is a cropped (for your own safety) pic of me in my FAVORITEST muumuu, that i got from 69 vintage for $10!!! and my luella bartley bag from le target (that i then saw a contestant on flava of love sporting...but who cares? it's fab!)

and fine, maybe i do look pregnant, but keep in mind i had just eaten my way through most of new york city.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mayab

TRIBE Member
I think it is a cute look! And I <3 ebay. I'm going to go look now at some dresses. I've been on the cheap cashmere hunt for the past few weeks.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I woke up this morning thinking of clothes for summer / back to work. Unless I lose another 10-15lbs I'm not fitting into any of my summer clothes and I am so poor for clothes shopping.

vox

TRIBE Member
mayab said:
I think it is a cute look! And I <3 ebay. I'm going to go look now at some dresses. I've been on the cheap cashmere hunt for the past few weeks.
thanks, ladies! ebay is my master. it's like a giant vintage showroom!

another detail i'm all about this summer is smocking. basically, i want the dresses i wore when i was five (here's another example of something i'm bidding on on ebay...BACK OFF!)

yay! my only ebay advice...stay away from poly or poly blends. polyester is SO NOT summer.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sugar

TRIBE Member
I guess I am really just not into clothes that hide your body's shape. I fully admit that I am usually a few years behind the times when it comes to fashion, so maybe I'll change my opinion someday.

I think I may pop into Urban Outfitters later ("sick" day). But they probably won't have this new stock in yet, will they?! Not that I can afford new clothes right now...

penelope

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
I guess I am really just not into clothes that hide your body's shape. I fully admit that I am usually a few years behind the times when it comes to fashion, so maybe I'll change my opinion someday.

I think I may pop into Urban Outfitters later ("sick" day). But they probably won't have this new stock in yet, will they?! Not that I can afford new clothes right now...
"sick" day eh? Feel like hanging out? we're stuck inside with this weather but would gladly run out for a coffee with a friend!!

sugar

TRIBE Member
penelope said:
"sick" day eh? Feel like hanging out? we're stuck inside with this weather but would gladly run out for a coffee with a friend!!
Shit! Just saw this now :( Am off to catch my train in an hour. Boo.

Well, I was just reminded of how much I dislike Urban Outfitters. It was worth a try I guess.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
Shit! Just saw this now :( Am off to catch my train in an hour. Boo.

Well, I was just reminded of how much I dislike Urban Outfitters. It was worth a try I guess.
i didn't get to go on my lunch...was too damn busy here...were those clothes there yet??

Vixen

TRIBE Member
Ok overall. MOO MOO's ....? the name says it all.
As long as it doesn't look like someone sewed together some crap curtains from the 70s you can pull it off otherwise you look like you escaped from a Hick Town Mental Hospital.

hm. Comfy but some are just eeeeeeeeeeeeew.
sorry girls.
JJ

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i have a hard time wearing dressed cause they do this wierd thing where the twist funny on my back and don't hang right.. but i love summer for tanks, and skirts and fun shoes

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
not a fan of the moo moo either. between those and skinny jeans I don't know what fashion is coming to and I don't wanna. Are designers have a hard time being original.

vox

TRIBE Member
first of all, it's spelled muumuu.

hicktown or not, i look flippin' fierce in 'em, which is a good thing, cuz i guess that means there's more for me!!!

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
still sounds like a cow.

good for you if you're able to pull it off. I on the other hand would look like it sounds.