• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Spring Cleaning

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Well, its that time of the year and I am eyeing the old desktop ("Big Kahuna" the trusty Pentium Pro 200) and thinking that it is time to wipe the harddisks and start with a spring-fresh machine.

I have thought about doing this before, but have always cringed at the thought of deleting years of accumulated digital gunk.

But now the time has come.... I think.

Maybe I will back up the essential stuff and then wipe away....

hmmm
 
Stop Bill C-10

Michkey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Fir3start3r
I'm thinking about cleaning all the winter stuff and krud outta the car...

Speak. Also time to get those snow tires off, which is always a good feeling... car feels so much smoother.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
waitaminute!!!


before you do it -

back up email files from your outlook express directory if that's important

backup cookies just to be safe

bookmarks

take a look at the various settings in your control panel and keep them in mind for when you reformat

take a good browse through your system to ensure you won't lose anything you'll miss in the reformat
 

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
take a good browse through your system to ensure you won't lose anything you'll miss in the reformat

Rule #1 of reformatting - you will always lose something you didn't think to backup. :D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
ya, i have to clean out all the files on the hard drive on the school's computer network system and transfer them to a floppy disk before they delete an entire year of university brilliance (semi-sarcasm)...i'll get around to it after my last difficult exam on thursday.
 

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz


Rule #1 of reformatting - you will always lose something you didn't think to backup. :D

Not me ! I've compiled a checklist of essential items from the many times I've reformatted, and my directory organization is such that all the key data I need is in the same spot. :)
 

Jazz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep


Not me ! I've compiled a checklist of essential items from the many times I've reformatted, and my directory organization is such that all the key data I need is in the same spot. :)

Nerd.jpg
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top