• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sponsored Links.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I'm all for advertising and keeping the site free and stuff but these are really intrusive. I've never even seen these on a message board before. Very annoying!

Anyone else want to weigh in?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I didn't want to tell you but Old Salty got moved to the old age home. He broke his hip walking on the ice to his ice fishing shanty.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
If you'd had bothered to read his original post he acknowledged that he knows the advertising is to help raise revenue. His qualm is with placement of said ads.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
With google adsens you have better chances of people clicking on the ads if you put them in the right locations. It's a good thing people are saying that they notice them... it's what you want with google ads (higher click rate, the more money that goes to tribe’s bank account). It's really not that bad, and I have seen worse.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I swear I'm going to murder all of you.

Alex has said over and over that the sponsored links are not there permanently and are going to move back to the bottom.

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I like the ones that float right in the middle of the page over top of all the content for about 8 minutes before you can make them go away. those rule. lets switch to that.

i did have the thought a couple days ago that maybe tribe should offer a pay model... i would pay $20 / year to to make the ads go away. this should more than offset the revenue i'm generating through ad views. this should be a tribe option. no ads - $20. ads - free.

--r

Gunark

TRIBE Member
MOD ONE said:
With google adsens you have better chances of people clicking on the ads if you put them in the right locations. It's a good thing people are saying that they notice them...
people will learn to not see them in no time... like we do with all other things of no interest to us. Yay for implicit perceptual filtering.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
mikeryan said:
I like the ones that float right in the middle of the page over top of all the content for about 8 minutes before you can make them go away. those rule. lets switch to that.
I think Tribe did have those for a car ad once. long time ago. anybody remember?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Kevin, why can't you just love... why the hate, its so not hardcore to hate everything... come give momma chris a big wet kiss and then scoot!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I don't think alex would get half the members if he has right now if he starts charging for tribe.

Last edited: