• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

SPIDERMAN!!! WAhoooo.....

[EmPress]

TRIBE Member
I dunno bout the rest of you but personally i can't wait to see this movie! :D

I was wondering what everyone ealses opinion was??? Potentially awsome flick or chez???

Cameron

TRIBE Member
Looks great to me so far, great casting choices. As far as chez or great, it depends. It looks pretty true to the comic books, wether or not that's good is subjective.

<- can't wait!

Plato

TRIBE Member
im not very hyped up about it now that i've seen the trailors, it makes it look very cheesy and over blown, like godzilla *shudder*

i miss the old spider man cartoon, the one with the cool 60's sounding song "look out...here comes spider man...."

that cartoon remake from like 7 years ago was crap.

p[l]a+0

-Rudebwoy_Chin-

TRIBE Member
Bookah!

Most people thought Venom was the shyte, nothing could test him. But for moi it was all about Carnage. Cuz he could turn his suit into inanimate objects and actually throw them and all that noise.
ease.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Access

TRIBE Member
the thing about that movie is that judging from the trailor it has potential to be either decent or cheez. so its still hard to say at this point.

i just hope its nothing like the x-men movie!! cause that was pure crap!! except getting that star trek guy to play professor x cause he actually looks like him. but other than that the movie was crap!!

hoping spiderman was not made by the same people

vench

TRIBE Promoter
I want to see this movie, I just hope it's not another one of those Hollywood situations where they plug it and plug and plug it and it ends up sucking ass.

I'll still love the cartoon over anything they make. I love how the background never changes when he flies through the city. You wanna know something? It's really trippy to watch the old Spiderman cartoon, listen to the music and the dialouge, it's kinda messed.

vench

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
i was hearin rumours for years that this movie was to be made.
But what came wit the rumour was that
Jean Claude Van Damn was supposed to star in it.

DAve...

Originally posted by G-FrEsH
i was hearin rumours for years that this movie was to be made.
But what came wit the rumour was that
Jean Claude Van Damn was supposed to star in it.

DAve...
Jim Carrey was also a prime candidate.

From the Ministry of thank god he didn't make it, last thing I'd want to see is Spider Man, bending over and speaking out of his ass.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa

From the Ministry of thank god he didn't make it, last thing I'd want to see is Spider Man, bending over and speaking out of his ass.

here here.

vench

junglisthead

TRIBE Member

wait until you see spiderman and youll wish jim carrey was the actor.........the kid playing spiderman is quite horrible and should have never been picked

spiderman the movie, has a very teenage feel to it, and ruins what could have been a good movie........the director should have been tim burton and he could have at least done what he did with the first batman....nice and dark

Cameron

TRIBE Member
X-Men was the biggest toolie of a movie ever. Maybe comics just don't tanslate into films well...but batman (1and2) did it!

Cameron

TRIBE Member
wait until you see spiderman and youll wish jim carrey was the actor.........the kid playing spiderman is quite horrible and should have never been picked
What are you talking about?

Toby MacGuire is a great actor (Wonderboys), and looks exactly like peter parker to boot!

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Ew, the special effects look horrible...so unrealistic. Almost as cartoony as the show I used to watch at lunchtime during elementary school.

~jen
(Letterman's band is playing Tool...whooo!)

deep

TRIBE Member
Everytime I see the ad I think the CGI artists are paying homage to the old ghetto cartoon with such crappy computer animation

Like, really...spend a little less on ads and hire some animators who didn't get their degree from Devry

Cameron

TRIBE Member
No I don't mean it looks bad, I think it's supposed to look the way it does.

ah well who cares, Kirsten Dunst gets her shirt wet in it!

I'd happily give Toby McGuire a shot, as he does look the part. Actingwise will remain to be seen.

As for the direction, Sam Raimi is at the helm, and I honestly hope he puts the energy into it that he did in his earlier projects (Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 1 and 2, Darkman). His work in Darkman was one of the best superhero films I've seen to date.

From the Ministry of have some faith, just not in the bigger budget films

G

Even if the movie blows goats, at least you get to see Kirsten Dunst in a wet dress w/ no bra.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
I'd happily give Toby a shot, as he does look the part.
Thanks James, I knew I could count on you for support:)

Bias

FYI, there have been small alterations to the comic book character to make the screen character more palateable to the audiences.

I just regret that James Cameron's screenplay got turned down. The metaphores for puberty were rampant something severe, including Peter Parker covered in his own web goo when waking up in the morning.

From the Ministry of should pop up on the net soon

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I will admit that I am excited but I really shouln't be...

I'm a fan of the spiderman franchise(comics,toys,games etc.) but moving into film territory is loco!

weve had countless flicks based on super SUPER heros that have failed and have not lasted the test of time. A few examples...

punisher-dolff lundren as the lead...very poor movie that really should have worked WELL!...reminds me of COBRA w/stallone which is actually better.

captain america-terrible movie filmed in the late 80's, remember??...me neither.

fantastic four- an early 90's filmed fantastic four never left the ground because it was "embarrasing" to show...a movie poster goes fopr up to $1000!!

My point is that superhero movies are hard to pull off simply because you can't take them out of their element(comic book continuum) because they are meant to be comic characters and it is VERY hard to re-create stroylines that make sense,villians with super powers to fight,and stuff that the hero does without making it look too cheezy!

Spiderman can work because it DOES have a great cast and with today's movie magic compared to yesteryear but I still am worried...BLADE was one of the best comicbook hero adaptions on film, but really that is because they had a lot to work with without spending all their time creating supervillians and explosions.

keep it on paper...keep them ideas and don't let your dollar signed eyes take over the fact that there are certian franchises that should'nt be touched by hollywood.