• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Spider-Man, Spider-Man....does whatever....

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!!!

look! up in the sky! it's a bird! it's a plane! it's ...

spider-man!!!!!!!!!!!
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
needs another villain or two...and a kirstne dunst nude scene for me to get REALLY into it...with all the LOTR hype this is so second fiddle for me
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Methinks their gonna make Harry Osborn be the "2nd villan".....which probably means that Spider-Man 3 should then have something to do with Venom and Green Goblin II.


Yay!

p.s. I always pictured Doc Ock to have a European accent.....
 

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
Methinks their gonna make Harry Osborn be the "2nd villan".....which probably means that Spider-Man 3 should then have something to do with Venom and Green Goblin II.


Yay!

p.s. I always pictured Doc Ock to have a European accent.....
too bad we couldn't clone roy orbison and throw him in the role:D
 

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
holy fucking shit! i've never seen that preview. it looks fantastic.

big up sam raimi.

terrawrist - having multiple villains is completely unnecessary. there are many possibilities for a fantastic doctor octopus script. more characters just means wasting more time on introduction/origin scenes.

eclectic - harry osborne will eventually become the next green goblin, but they should wait until part 4 or 5 to use that story.

the osbornes have nothing to do with venom and, in order to do a proper venom story, they would have to first do spider-man wearing the black costume because that is the only way to explain why the symbiote has such a love/hate 'spurned lover' relationship with spider-man. (otherwise, he's just a regular bad guy.)
 

silver1

TRIBE Member
I heard that instead of using Harry Osborne as Green Goblin II, they're going to bring in Jack Osborne to be "Fat Untalented Obnoxious Goblin".
 

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
the osbornes have nothing to do with venom and, in order to do a proper venom story, they would have to first do spider-man wearing the black costume because that is the only way to explain why the symbiote has such a love/hate 'spurned lover' relationship with spider-man. (otherwise, he's just a regular bad guy.)
Depends on if they go the "Ultimate Spider-Man" storyline which then potentially could have the Osborns involved.....

I won't spoil how they do it because every Spider-Fan should pick up these books, they've redesigned Peter Parker and I'm loving the storyline!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
Depends on if they go the "Ultimate Spider-Man" storyline which then potentially could have the Osborns involved.....

I won't spoil how they do it because every Spider-Fan should pick up these books, they've redesigned Peter Parker and I'm loving the storyline!
gotcha. i really do like 'ultimate spider-man' EXCEPT for the way they treated the venom character.

by taking out the symbiote's history with peter parker, brian michael bendis killed the whole spurned lover concept that originally made venom one of most interesting comic book villains around.
 

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Hopefully this wont BLOW as much as the first one. But it looks like i'll have to suffer a cold emotionless relasionship between Dunst and Maguire. *Le Sigh* Oh well at least X-men/s was good.
 

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
gotcha. i really do like 'ultimate spider-man' EXCEPT for the way they treated the venom character.

by taking out the symbiote's history with peter parker, brian michael bendis killed the whole spurned lover concept that originally made venom one of most interesting comic book villains around.
But the only way they could do the spurned lover angle would be to include the symbiote in one movie and then the rejection at the end...then have Venom in the next movie.

This is Hollywood...they need bang for their buck.....they'll just introduce Venom along the way.

Plus the "created" symbiote allows for that kind of storyline....
 

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
But the only way they could do the spurned lover angle would be to include the symbiote in one movie and then the rejection at the end...then have Venom in the next movie.
what's wrong with that?

the original symbiote storyline (which ultimately ended in web of spider-man #1) was amazing.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
what's wrong with that?

the original symbiote storyline (which ultimately ended in web of spider-man #1) was amazing.
Nothing wrong with that....I just can't see a big Hollywood studio taking the time to develop the storyline behind Venom to ensure he becomes a strong character.

They would also have to have the Eddie Brock storyline in there as well....to reinforce the combined love/hate relationship Venom has with Spidey.....

It would be the proper way to do things...which Hollywood is not really known for.
 
Top