1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Spek-e-ze @ calisto

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by DoubleDown, Mar 6, 2010.

1. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

Is it bad form and/or banhammer worthy to post a review to an event you DJ'd at?

meh! ... whatever...

Huge props to Kevin and Shawn for hosting last night... I can honestly say that was one of the most fun nights I have ever had the pleasure of spinning at... I had a fucking blast... well done guys... The room was 100% positive vibes..

Also.. big props to the Preacherman for transistioning from the "I'm chilling by the bar catching up with friends" vibe... to the.. "Holy Cow This place IS BANGING!!!" vibe, seemlessly and flawlessly... he really set the tone for the rest of the night.. (oh and Thanks again to Bill for dropping my new remix!!)

Happy birthday again to Kelly C!!

:D
    aaaaaaand.... Sleepy time!

2. the Doctor

the Doctor TRIBE Member

A blossoming cold made this night short and sweet for me, but I definitely agree on the vibe. We arrived just as the club started filling up and within minutes it was BUSY! Lovely people, nice location and of course, great tunes.

Wish I could have stayed longer!

3. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

Finally recovered.

DD - as members of TRIBE I don't see it as an issue to toot yours or the night's proverbial horn; afterall most of the people I have come to know; including you, pretty much started from this community site.

In true Toronto night out form the staff and the John Hookah got the place set up and warmed up. Then like a yellow school bus dropping off the kids for a full day of learning they just started rolling in which left quite the conundrum for me as the early part of the evening did not warrant the bangers just yet and I knew I had a few to play just before you and Kevin took over. Happy to oblige I found a pocket worth playing in and was glad to leave you in good hands. The room continued to bounce and sway with your techy-house-ness as you Marshalled the crowd :D I was kind of worried if Kevin was going to find the hutzpah to play, given the long week he had, but once he took over he seemed to get connected and really played a great set worthy of the sound he has nicely progressed into. While the room did empty out a bit in lieu of last call it was great to see that the music he was playing kept the die hards on the floor til the very end.

A big thank you to Kevin and John Hookah for setting this night up and inviting me and Darren to play. It was a lot fun as always.

4. dj.nick.c

dj.nick.c TRIBE Member

yes, big up the birthday Kell C, much love from your bro!:D

5. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Wow, these parties keep on getting better and better, Darren thanks for the kind words and for throwing down like a champ. Preacherman, what can I say I've seen you throw down the sexy, I've seen you throw down the trippy and I've seen you funk up a room like nobodys business and thanks again for providing the perfect warm up to darren's showcase set.

As for the night, Loads of hotties I think girls outnumbered guys 3-1 at least and the dancefloow was packed all night long. Special bday shouts to Kelly who celebrated her 19th bday:)

next month we have 2 more of my favorite locals coming in to pack the dancefloor and spring is around the corner so I'm sure even more people will come out of hibernation.

as usual we'll see you on the dancefloor the first friday every month.