1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Speeeeeed Traps!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by jmaggs, Aug 29, 2003.

1. jmaggs

jmaggs TRIBE Member

For those with a tendency to drive a wee bit too fast. May help prevent a nasty ticket! It's pretty cool in that it has locations in the states too.

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/ste.asp?state=ON

Wish I knew about this site before my $183 ticket a few weeks ago...

Maggs :D

2. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Well you shouldn't have been speeding then Maggs!

(hellllllllllllo logic!)

3. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Got nabbed by one of those on Steeles Ave going west under a railway bridge - nabbed me coming up the other side...

it was 101 in a 60. Cop dropped it to 90 in a 60 and told me to do guilty with an explanation and get the points off. Fine was set at $142.

Went to Edward St. location - did Guilty with an Explanation, arranged for a First Appearance.

Three or four weeks later, I've went to the appointment. Council sat me down in a little office and took one look at the ticket and then at me and said she could knock it down to 75 in a 60 - no points, $45 fine.

We then went before the judge and I pled not guilty to 90 in a 60, guilty to 75 in a 60. I paid the fine of $45 plus $10 for victim surcharge.

The legal system saved me $100!

Mind you, I had a perfect driving record, no points, no tickets since I got my license. Dunno if that shows up in their records. This counts as a conviction, but at least there's no points and my insurance very likely won't go up, either.