• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Speedy J

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
Okay, I noticed that same guy's smile in the picture that I took, so hopefully he has a good sense of humour. :)

That's a beautiful picture of me. I remember making that face. It must have been one of my 'rocker faces'.

Rock on DUDE!
:D

billy

TRIBE Member
speedy j last night. Obviously, you can't see much of anything because it was video from my camera, but the sound came out alright. Just a snapshot of a memory... :)
are you 100% sure you posted the right link? who ever is djing in that clip is facing a wall.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Speedy J --- good build up and then snore..... yep it bored me. I can appericate what it is big room techno, but for me i guess i want to hear more melodies he was just to relentless for me.
Personnaly, I liked the relentless nature of it. I've been feeling all stressed/pissy the past few weeks, and asulting relentless techno is exactly what I needed. I went in expecting hard relentless techno, and thats exactly what I got.

It did get a bit reptetitve at times - but at the same time, that works for me in a club setting. I've noticed that most 'big room' sounds (regardless of genre) tends to do it also. Some times it bugs me, other times it works for me, and lastnight worked for me.

Originally posted by StreetDreams
well if he was being such a prick why didnt you have him removed or punch him in the junk?
Pratik was just doing his thing and dancing like a crazy-robot and having fun. Some jackass comes up and tells him 'he cant dance that way', and gives him attitude, and you're standing up for the jackass who did it?

wtf?

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

acheron

TRIBE Member
seriously... atp, what kind of drugs were you on..? Can anyone confirm that atp actually attended the party?

Maybe he was at buddies house and the droogz were working a bit better than expected...

billy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by acheron

Maybe he was at buddies house and the droogz were working a bit better than expected...
no man...that was the speedy j party. it was awesome. then dave fucking clarke shows up and plays for 4 hours. you telling me you didn't see that girl either? fuck..where did i leave her number? GUY!

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Okay, I noticed that same guy's smile in the picture that I took, so hopefully he has a good sense of humour. :)

guy looks like the same dood from patrick's DEMF review of Ben Sims from last year. I think he was wearing a Hiero shirt innit.

"BEN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMS"

~atp~

TRIBE Member
oh man...

haha, now I see why you guys are all confused! I linked to the wrong video. :eek:

Yes, I was there. But obviously my brain was distracted whilst posting the link...here's a picture of me (way in the foreground) that I took quite by accident while aiming my camera...as PROOF! :D

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I think the most over-heard comment while waiting for coatcheck/etc was "now that was techno" or "now that was mother fucking techno" by a dozen different people.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
So what was with the farmer fest. Like seriously some dudes need to take a bath and learn some social skills (BO Anyone). There where far to many crackers coming out of the woodwork. The whole bullshit at the door in regards to a cash grab is just stupid and only further goes to hurt the techno scene. Do promoters not get it yet??? It is not the fact I can't pay the $20 for entrance but when you get a confirmation email saying your on reduced list, and show up early getting jacked is just lame. Either way I paid and went in.
You read my mind. Honestly I came for the sole reason of hearing Speedy J. He was worth it, but nothing spectacular. I thought the crowd was filled with crackheads and old rave scum who never left 1995.

Stayed about 2 hours and left briskly. What was with that dude touching those girls and just NOT getting the picture. Also, I saw at least 10 guys hit on this 1 Japanese girl... not surprising, consitering the 20:1 ratio of guys/girls.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
been running around all day getting things sorted... but lets just say..... when i mentioned i was going to bring a vid.camera... well somehow it got in.. and somehow some footage is on it...

still no review..... but when i've got my mind back i'll post one.

faunty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by newstyle666
I thought the crowd was filled with crackheads and old rave scum who never left 1995.
and proud of it.

ooh what we really need at a fucking speedy J booking is attitude like yours. bah disgust is judgemental fuks like you

emiwee

TRIBE Member

Stayed about 2 hours and left briskly. What was with that dude touching those girls and just NOT getting the picture. Also, I saw at least 10 guys hit on this 1 Japanese girl... not surprising, consitering the 20:1 ratio of guys/girls.
Yup, I totally was accosted by that guy too. He basically humped my shoulder while slobbering in my ear that a pretty girl like me shouldn't be dancing alone. I gave him my "are you fucking serious?" look and shoved him off. What a creep. I managed to maintain my sanity from the crowd by wandering to a different location if some creep was trying too hard to get my attention. Works every time.

The music was awesome. Awesome! I wasn't planning on coming at all, but the last minute decision was worth it. And even though I wasn't wearing the most comfortable shoes, I still danced a whole bunch. I had a great party crew too.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
haha yah. People with superiority complexes are awesome++ at a techno party. "Oh look, I'm the coolest shit in here! Everyone else looks like they just crawled out of a K hole, I'm glad I'm not like them!" If there are specific instances of assholery, by all means, speak up and bitch about it. I saw a few cases of massive sketch going down at the party, but I have no idea what the background of 99% of the people there were, so I'm not about to judge. I had a generally good time, focused on the music and didn't let the fucking appearance of some dude halfway back in the crowd get in the way of my Speedy-fuckin-J zen.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

faunty

TRIBE Member
ouch that was knee jerk - you do have a point on the 2nd part of ur comment on oversteppping boundaries

but my experience: i thought the crowd was great - varied - lotsa ladies for a techno night and i thank each and everyone of yous who made it that

luckily i experienced none of the negative things posted i.e. slimy creeps, bouyant bouncers, oh but i did get the bathroom stank, luckily the ladies let me use their less spoiled facilities.

thats how it goes when u live in your own bubble i guess.

p.s. Praktik I have grown to look forward to your amazing robo whacko dancing don't ever let anyone ever tell you otherwise

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^^^

hence why I told him to fuck off.. still it was a 'playful' fuck off if you guys know the kind Im talking of...

Thanks for your support team! Great jam, just wish greg gow woulda got to play... Speedy J was terrific!

kaniz

TRIBE Member
You read my mind. Honestly I came for the sole reason of hearing Speedy J. He was worth it, but nothing spectacular. I thought the crowd was filled with crackheads and old rave scum who never left 1995.

maybe you should start looking into clubs like C-Lounge and Ultra perhaps? Really - EVERY single thread on this forum that you post in, you bitch about the crack-head-freak factor at parties.

You know why I like techno parties? The mix of people it gets out - the freaks, the geeks, the nerds, the social outcasts, the club-kids, the drinkers, it brings out a wide array of people. Sure some of them may not be the most 'desirable' in your books, but it ads to the all around expierence.

If I wanted to goto a club filled with nothing but people in designer wear drinking martinis while being civilized, I'd go to some place like C-Lounge or one of those other up-scale clubs that enforce strict style code.

For a techno jam, I want the freaks and the crackheads right along with the people in designer wear getting down and being freaks - its a hellofalotmorefun in my books.

I had an amazing time last night, and most of the 'bad' stuff people are bitching about I was oblivious to. The only thing that had me going 'huhuwtf?' was the guy in the mens bathroom being kicked out for rolling a joint (that secuirty guy was a dick), and the shit on the toilet (ew).

But all around, I had an amazing night and no real complaints.

I thought lastnight had a great mix of people, with a really responsive crowd. I dont think I've arrived at a techno party so early before (10:30ish) and seen so many people dancing from the start.

Last edited:

Uberspliff

TRIBE Promoter
HAHAHA

WHAT AN EVENT! I feel bad that Greg did not play. Speedy J Killed it.

I just started smoking a giant cannon and one of the ape bouncers comes and tells me to get the fuck out of the club. So I leave take my joint outside smoke it and walk right back in past the bouncer and door girl and just sit back down. I was back in about 4min later. So I sit down and roll up another Cannon and basically hid in the corner right beside speedy watching the spectacle and verg filiming. Fuck you Guv. I beat the guv with guerila tactics. Everyone was asking how I got back in. GOLD!!

Good Tunes! But Guvernment once again ruined somthing that could have been much better and trust me it could have.

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava

The Dukes once again reminded me of just how bland things can get.
first of all, if the Dukes are bland, then water is dry. second of all, they didnt even play rockno last night... just straight up techno.

otherwide the party was pretty good. A little bit of a sauasage fest, and the bathroom situation was aggrevating, but i was definately glad i went down.

Sweet_e

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I also really liked his interaction with the crowd. It looked like honest enthusiasm / excitement and not grandstanding/showboating. Looked like he was having just as much fun doing what he was doing, as the people who were dancing.