• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Speeding Ticket... PLEASE HELP!

satori

TRIBE Member
Can someone direct me to a good traffic ticket agency???

I dont care how much it will cost to fight this as long as i get a reduction in points.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
Nick,

fight it yourself, a traffic ticket company will not get any better results that you can yourself.

those services are for people who can't afford, or are unable to take a day off from work to fight a ticket.
 

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Call around to a few different places. Look in the yeller pages under "paralegal"
You'll be surprised at the differences between what each will promise and how much it will cost you.

I suggest you talk with at least 3 people, in person if you can.
A guy that is a former cop and is buddies with the other cops and judges can be useful.
That's a judgement call though (no pun intended)

After that, decide who you like best and put 'yo money down.

Of course, the other option would just be to slow down. (or be more observant of cops)
 

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
Slow down....

thas my best advice. If you're driving so fast that you need to hire someone to defend why you were driving that fast.....

YOU"RE DRIVING TOO FAST!

How much over did you get nabbed for?
 

satori

TRIBE Member
i got nabbed for going 160 in 100 zone but the pig marked it down to 140. I just spoke to someone, they said they can guarantee a cut in points and the fine. It will cost me $250 though. I think 250 dollars is a small price to pay compared to having your insurance double on you...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

physix

TRIBE Member
don't you guys have a deferment program?

like where you "promise" not to speed
and you pay a fee (usually the cost of
the ticket anyway) and if you don't get
caught making any other moving violations
in 6mos to a year, then the charge is dropped?

( at one point, i had such deferments pending
in 6 midwest cities... ;) )
 

satori

TRIBE Member
The funny thing is the secretary i spoke to was being very flirty after i told her my age... she proceeded in asking what my nationality was, i told her i was greek... then she asked me if i knew any of her friends...???? She said she was yugoslavian but her best friends are greek blah blah... anyways to make a long story short i ended up sweet talking down the original price off 300 which i beleive is the standard price for dealing with this sort of ticket down to 250 with tax... and untop of that she said they can correct another ticket problem i had a few months ago... i really hope all goes well...

i called a few other places, they wanted a little over 300 to correct this problem...


btw:

How would i go about fighting this ticket my self rob???
 

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by satori
The funny thing is the secretary i spoke to was being very flirty after i told her my age... she proceeded in asking what my nationality was, i told her i was greek... then she asked me if i knew any of her friends...???? She said she was yugoslavian but her best friends are greek blah blah... anyways to make a long story short i ended up sweet talking down the original price off 300 which i beleive is the standard price for dealing with this sort of ticket down to 250 with tax... and untop of that she said they can correct another ticket problem i had a few months ago... i really hope all goes well...

i called a few other places, they wanted a little over 300 to correct this problem...


btw:

How would i go about fighting this ticket my self rob???

Pay the ticket. Unless you take it to court and the cop doesn't show up, you are up shit's creek without a paddle.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chiclet

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by satori
i got nabbed for going 160 in 100 zone but the pig marked it down to 140. I just spoke to someone, they said they can guarantee a cut in points and the fine. It will cost me $250 though. I think 250 dollars is a small price to pay compared to having your insurance double on you...

Whether or not you get an x-copper or not, set a court date. I've never heard of anyone fighting a moving violation in court and not getting a reduced fine and or less points off. And trust me, my mom gets a lot of moving violations, lol. That speed demon!

Good luck Nick!
 

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by satori
i got nabbed for going 160 in 100 zone but the pig marked it down to 140.

Why are you calling the cop a 'pig'? You were the one who broke the law. Take some personal responsibility for God's sake.
 

defazman

TRIBE Member
NEW QUESTIONS


1. So what constitutes sufficient error on the officer's part to invalidate a speeding ticket? If they reported I drive a 2005 vehicle, but I do not, can that get the ticket thrown out?

2. Is invalidate a word?

Thanks
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by satori
Can someone direct me to a good traffic ticket agency???

I dont care how much it will cost to fight this as long as i get a reduction in points.

shoot the cop and jaywalk :p

*in living colour reference* lol
 

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by satori
Can someone direct me to a good traffic ticket agency???

I dont care how much it will cost to fight this as long as i get a reduction in points.

Hey Nick, I got an idea....stop speeding!! :p

;)
 

dot.communist

TRIBE Member
Whatever you do, do not hire anyone to represent you until your court date is confirmed. File the 'notice to appear' yourself.

Sometimes the cops are too busy to file all their tickets -- and you might get lucky and never receive a court date. This happened to me last year.

Fighting a ticket as opposed to paying it also delays any potential insurance repercussions.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top