• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Speakerphone

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Exactly....why do people call tech support with speakerphone on and they're playing music on their PC's???


Don't make me hurt you. I know where you live!
 

echootje

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclectic
Exactly....why do people call tech support with speakerphone on and they're playing music on their PC's???


Don't make me hurt you. I know where you live!
maybe because we're always put on hold when we have to call Tech Support?

:)

Rob - I lurves mah speakerphone
 

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
What kills me is this one guy here who ALWAYS uses speakerphone (I've never seen him pick up a receiver), so we can always hear all his phone conversations... and he'll also call anybody within the office instead of going to see them, even our graphics guys who are roughly 3 m away from him. Which means that whenever I step out of my cubicle and they're on the phone, I can hear the graphic guy's voice in stereo.

Like, really, get up and go talk to the guy! AND STOP USING SPEAKERPHONE! (my god! He's actually got a conference call on speakerphone right now! PICK UP THE BLOODY RECEIVER!!!)
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
maybe because we're always put on hold when we have to call Tech Support?
Ok, then move to SK where our longest wait time for the past 6 months running was 2:35 between 8am and 7pm.

:D

Go team!

And when we pick up, then pick up the receiver! I can't hear the first half of what anyone says cause speakerphone hasn't kicked in yet!
 

depraved

TRIBE Member
I used to have trouble pleasuring myself with both hands while the phone was cradled between my head and shoulder. Speakerphones changed all that. :D
 

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
unless you are having a conference call with more than 1 person using it, there really is no need for it. I find it very irritating.
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
should be banned.

When someone calls you on speaker phone and you can never hear what they're saying so you go "what was that?"... "Excuse me?" etc the person calling always gets snarky and defensive. I hate that just pick up the damn reciever!
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

voytek

TRIBE Member
at least you get to hear the whole story as opposed to half of it when a cell phone user invades your auditory space. fucking cell phones and their fucking losers.
 

Cri

TRIBE Member
It's such a double standard I think ;) When i am the one using the speakerphone I am happy cuz I don't need to hold onto the receiver..but if I am on the receiving end I get frustrated and tell the person to pick up the gd phone ;)
 

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Silvershadow
What kills me is this one guy here who ALWAYS uses speakerphone (I've never seen him pick up a receiver), so we can always hear all his phone conversations... and he'll also call anybody within the office instead of going to see them, even our graphics guys who are roughly 3 m away from him. Which means that whenever I step out of my cubicle and they're on the phone, I can hear the graphic guy's voice in stereo.

Like, really, get up and go talk to the guy! AND STOP USING SPEAKERPHONE! (my god! He's actually got a conference call on speakerphone right now! PICK UP THE BLOODY RECEIVER!!!)

ah the joys of working in a cubicle office environment with people who don't have a clue or don't care to have a clue. bunch of those in my old office but people are much more aware in my new office, thankfully.
 

echootje

TRIBE Member
Well I've never had any trouble or miscommunication when using speakerphone. I never have the 'wha? pardon? what was that?' that everybody else seemes to have.

That being said, unless it's work, I usually dial in speakerphone, and pick up the handset as soon as somebody answers.

ob
 
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
some people (including me) are irritated by the noise of someone else dialing, talking via speaker phone but lots of people aren't bothered by it.

i really only care when i'm trying to work and someone is having a huge convo via speaker phone and there's all this What??? and repeating and talking ever louder.

ack.
 

sugar

TRIBE Member
My boss just always dials with speaker phone on, and it's really fucking annoying.

I mean, really. I don't need to hear you fucking dial everytime.
 

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by voytek
at least you get to hear the whole story as opposed to half of it when a cell phone user invades your auditory space. fucking cell phones and their fucking losers.
Agreed. Cell phones are useful in emergencies. If the quality improves, their use may extend further. Right now, though, every time I get a call from a certain friend who only uses a cell phone, the whole conversation sounds like he's crying his eyes out because of the damned cell phone.

not to mention the whackjobs who drive and yack, or just the general noise pollution of some yobbo screaming into his cell phone on the sidewalk on a Sunday afternoon.
 
Top