• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

#Speakergate

JamesM

TRIBE Member
#Speakergate

For the record. I believe it was an accident. But he should have had security remove folks that are overpowering him with Phones.

It's a natural progression blending Techno, and EDM, and is very not in his character. I met him sorta once at Ryerson. He was very focused, and a gentleman. But I feel maybe he should take a break from touring, and have some downtime. But who am I really.

Me and My friend Ian filmed this a few years ago with the CNTRL tour. That was when they tried to fusion EDM, and Techno.

The internet is very unforgiving. EDM culture is now taking over, and everyone’s recording you for their Youtube page. You still got to be the rock.

Richie said:
Regarding the incident at Time Warp in New York this weekend which is being posted and talked about on the web, I would like to apologise here to the girl involved. It was not my intention that the speaker fell. Only to nudge the monitors in her direction and for her to understand that perhaps she had filmed enough. I was as surprised as I'm sure she was when it moved the way it did and the top speaker fell off of the stack. For that, I'm extremely sorry and embarrassed about what happened. This was never my intention. Sometimes being in the middle of the spotlight, continual cameras and glaring iPhone lights, things can get stressful and frustrating. I'm sorry that this frustration took an unexpected turn and took away from anyone's experience of Time Warp. I have tried to reach the girl to apologise personally but have not yet been able to track her down and will continue to try to contact her.
Got to get back to basics, and people depend on you.

Last edited:

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I took this footage of Richie right after that conference at Hoxton 2012. And, it is more grounded. Any way you slice it.

No monitors thrown at me tho. lol

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
my take on the video, is he was laughing even after it happened, just like he was before it happened. he didn't give a shit, and he was dancing around with his hands in the air like Paris Hilton, the pooftie.
fuck him.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Must be pretty crazy playing at new club in a new city, and a new country every night.

Woudn't it get boring and stressful after awhile? #firstworldsuperstardj problems.

I mean, if he could reinvent techno once, he can surely do it again. Take 2 steps back, and make a real fusion of EDM and Techno. I think he's the only one that could pull it off.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
why would anyone want to add legitimacy to edm>?
it is horrible garbage, nickleback of the true edm scene

also, thought the same thing erika

If he's smart, he'll lay low for a while. A half assed apology online followed by trying to make light and a joke of potentially seriously injuring someone (especially a fan) is not the way to handle something like that.

If he doesn't want to be recorded visually, stay in the studio or get some kind of Jeff Mills like rider in your contract. Otherwise, boo-fucking-hoo.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
All green velvet did is preach how you can kill a million braincells. Big deal. Richie Joins elite company in really opening people's eyes. But not when he's acting like a jackass.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JamesM

TRIBE Member
DJ Sneak is the champion in this genre. Green Velvet is there. But DJ Sneak invented it. So come back when they can make shit as good as him. Beacuse he has the Disco.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Not techno. Techno/Funky house and Disco fusion.

Or I could kill a million braincells. I think Sneak is definitely a step ahead. It's the same vibe entirely. He really made the genre. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i learned how to mix with Al Naafiysh and Housenation and the Jungle Brothers.

edit, James, i see what you did there.

Last edited:

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't even be a DJ or Producer right now if it wasn't for Sneak. The amount of time I put into mixing his old tracks learning to beatmatch at our university pub during the days. Lol! Good man. Good stuff he's a Toronto Guy.

Last edited:

JamesM

TRIBE Member
nah, it was just Richie showing weakness. Lol because we're all these idiots making tracks, which are probably better than theirs right now.

Forward everything to Minus immediately. If this is the world class music they're playing from Brazil, or Spain.

acheron

TRIBE Member
"Look, I'm still trying to get used to this EDM thing... I got sick of her yelling for me to drop the bass so...I dropped the bass."