• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Speaker Luck...

elgsixnine

TRIBE Member
So I'm rollerblading home when I spot two speaker cabs on the sidewalk and so stop to take a peak... the one speaker grille is removed and I can see a vintage, but pristine(literally), 8" sub, wiith 4" mid, and 2.5" tweeter speakers within the 36"-tall cabinets...

The "owner" comes out of the appartment and basically tells me to take them...

I manage, somehow, in my drunken state, to bring these two cabs home - a 30asec blade from where I foudn them - where I hook them up without problem...

They sound, at quiet levels, great... they appear to be a pair of Fisher STB-752's...

Anyone know about these? Age, performance, etc..?

I haven't had a chance to really test these as my roommates are home and will get seriously pissed if I crank'em... being a Sunday night and all... but fuck... what LUCK! Online resources were unable to provide me with anthing... so any info on these speakers would be of great benefit...

g

db

TRIBE Member
Considering they were put out with the trash I wouldn't get your hopes too high on having stumbled across some high performance audiophile speakers. Fisher in the past has typically made lower end consumer grade products... ;)

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
with the exception of JBL-50's...

I got a pair of these badboys all the way back from 1981. and they are QUITE sweet. althought alittle too bass friendly at times.. ;)