1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by atomic, Apr 8, 2010.

1. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

Anyone else checking this series out?

The quick synopsis is 300 meets Gladiator. But it does have its own flavour, as each actor seems to embrace their role with relish. Can't really give story details as things move along so fast, but it's an absolutely satisfying testosterone-injected romp that gets better with each episode. It's getting near the end of the first season and shit is going down. Totally addictive.

Wishing the lead, Andy Whitfield, all the best for a speedy recovery from cancer, which thankfully was caught early. Season 2 will be postponed until he's better.

2. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

This show is sick! I was watching it every week for the first couple of months and then Poof, the HBO deal with our satellite was canned.
    SO Depressed!

A lot of nudity and violence. Worth the watch. Likely the best HBO series since Entourage or Sopranos.
    (I know that they are totally on opposite ends of the spectrum for content).

The last episode I seen was when his wife was murdered and he went on a terror!

I will be looking for the box set when it comes out or putting up the cash to get the HBO back. Not much else on the tube Monday nights you know.

The series that comes on after is pretty good too, something like "Diary of a call girl?" I don’t know the name but I was getting into that show as well.

Hurray for Boobies! :eek:

3. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

Yeah there's even peen and vajayjay. Something for everyone!

Might want to give warning for spoilers though, eh? ;)

4. I'm digging it for the most part. It gets a bit over the top from time to time and hyper testosteroned, but overall, it's a very watchable, splashy show.

5. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

i think that's a little far. It's a cool series, but it'sgot some pretty God awful acting. True Blood and the Pacific i think are both safe to call better shows. Hung was pretty good too.

But, this show is definitely cool. Like i said, most of the acting is very atrocious. However, Batiatus definitely makes up for it. He's fucking amazing. Great character, great lines and great delivery. Lucy Lawless supports him well too.

Loving the way the story has been going the pat few episodes though. The past few weeks have gotten really in tents. Ushur actually backing Baiatus in the end was a bit of a plot turn. I totally thought he'd save the magistrate and Silonius

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  6. TILT_Lance

TILT_Lance TRIBE Member

I love this show! I thought for sure ushur was betraying basiatus....the season has climaxed well but i fear for the second season because the actor who plays spartacus has hodgkins so it will be some time i fear before the second season comes around

7. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

oh shit. that's bad stuff

8. TILT_Lance

TILT_Lance TRIBE Member

well i hope andy whittfield a speedy recovery...the first season isn't even over and I can't wait for the second season

9. TILT_Lance

TILT_Lance TRIBE Member

actually im wron his has non-hodgkin lymphoma

10. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Yeah I'm slowly checking this out. It's pretty amazing what a low budget TV series can pull off these days with the help of computer animation. The acting is pretty weak but yeah it satisfies for anyone who's looking for something 300 or gladiator inspired. The full frontal nudity acts as a good crutch to keep the viewer interested.

My only disappointment with it is that because it's called Spartacus you pretty much know the outcome of every fight he's in. Ooooh .... he might lose this battle ... ah no the show is named after him.... So really there isn't that much suspense.

11. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

The plentiful female nudity is besmirched by the gratuitous male ass shots.

It's like the director thought "You know what would make this short conversation between Spartacus and Crexus perfect? A 25-second cameo of a dude's ass in the background."

LOL

Still a decent show.

12. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

Jupiter's Cock!

13. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

I like the show! Now that Spartacus knows that Battiatus (sp?) had his wife killed, he's going to unleash the fucking fury.

14. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

Loving this show!

15. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

been getting through it slowly, love it though!

16. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

so true.

I love the scene in episode 3 when Illythia (fuck i hate that cunt), is watching Varro fuck the slave. She literally grabs his cock as he's fucking, and then sniffs her hand - looking like she just snorted a rail.

Only on HBO.

17. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

It's also funny that these circa-200-BC slaves are all clean-shaven, chest-and-ass-waxed and can all read!

18. lok

lok TRIBE Member

Female nudity besmirched by male nudity? Give me a fucking break lol.

Also, this show is a comic book. If you're looking for realism, please look elsewhere!

19. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

<3

Had dinner with one of my ex-roomies (gay) last week, and he was so excited that I was watching this too.

Soo much hotness (and I ain't talking about vaj ;)). Completely comic book and not to be taken seriously, but entertaining.

Am I seriously the only woman who has posted in here? What is wrong with y'all?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  20. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

The women too. Would you prefer seeing the bush?

21. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

Spoiler alert:

I felt ill when that one dude got his pee pee cut off.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand continue.

22. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

That really made me squirm.

"Jupiter's cock!" is fast becoming an addition to my oath vernacular.

23. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

rome for people who wear tapout shirts

24. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

holeeee shit what an episode tonight.

25. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

There's been plenty of bush shown on that show.