• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sounds that make you nauseous?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Anyone else have this problem... certain sounds sorta gross you out and you feel like puking a little bit?

I get so vomitty when I hear the sound of nail clippers or rubber on rubber rubbing. oh, and hands rubbing balloons... basically balloons in general, I hate.

its totally killed my latex fetish and just now I heard my neighbour clipping the dogs claws and got a little green.

is this common? or am i just weird and suffering from weird verison of the brown note effect?

ila

TRIBE Member
the squeaky sound swings make makes me want to puke all over. It's not so mysterious because I associate the sound with swings which give me motion sickness, but whatever, when I hear the sound it's puke city.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i cant stand the sound of women using an emory board on their nails....makes me cringe like nothing, just touchiong one gives me the heebie jeebies

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
another thing that drives me batty but not so much ill, the sound of people chewing mushy food and their teeth clicking.... squirt, snort, click.

like, I just wanna reach over and slap them so hard and say "smarten up" but they're only eating so I can't.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
[hands waving]Omg, I tell you story! I tell you story![/hands waving]

When I was in gradeschool, I was in a school quartet. We got a gig at the Royal York hotel to play Christmas songs for some luncheon. It was really nice! And they set us up in a suite where they fed us all these neat little snack foods.

That's when I discovered guacamole for the first time and ate a pound of it. As some of you know, I am allergic to avocado but it was the first time I ever had it so I didn't really know.

Anyway, performance ends. I get picked up by my best friend's sister and we go to Loblaw's. In the car, I'm starting to feel really funny but just shrugged it off. It was winter so the heat was on high. I was boiling and gasping for air. And because of the new rubber mats, it was sooooo stinky in the car. I HATE the smell of a new car and all that stuff.

But the LAST straw was when my friend's sis put on Cece Peniston's "Finally."

As soon as I heard that, I jumped out of the car when she stopped and out came a green monster!

Good times.

Now it's this Pavlov's dog thing where every time I hear Cece Peniston, I literally feel like barfing.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
people that make a sound while licking foodstuff's off of their finger. thats it. finger sucking. how annoying is that. I can lick hot sauce off my finger without making that fucking sound, so can you.

I totally freak out if someone sticks a vaccuum cleaner on any part of my body too.

I wanted the best, I found the best.
My world has forever been changed.
And forever I can rest.
For all this time I thought i was lost.
I found the magic of THE HOFF.

Like the steam rising from a puppy's fresh turds on a cold and frosty morning, I was was raised from a melancholy by the sweet melodious nectar that is Daveed Hassleme's voice.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
on the flipside: sounds that make me hungry

- sizzling fat
- the sound of tires on the road when you're sleeping in the back of a van
- laundry in a dryer
- andrew w.k. (but only for beer and pain)
- fizzy pop sounds

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
- the sound of tires on the road when you're sleeping in the back of a van
we actually learned this in school that the frequency of the sound created in a bus at around 100km/h is condusive to sleeping. so you are not alone my son.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
it makes me sleepy and hungry at the same time... like toss me a bag and say good night, nurse!

also... daddy?

Soulster

TRIBE Member
metal cutlery scraping plates.

it makes my teeth feel like they are actually curling. it is HORRIBLE. even thinking about it right now is making them hurt!

ahh!