• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sounds of the Lost Arp - Mario Pierro

AshG

Picked up this lp and i really like it.

Deep, and atmospheric in places, but with a fun kind of feel to it.
Very Metro Area'ish in places.

Errrr... anyway, just thought i'd pass that along.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
I'm lovin this album too, especially that song "Miles", amazing. Surprised to hear you think it sounds like Metro Area though, in what way?

To me this is very good atmospheric deep house/broken beat which sounds very British. Reminds me a lot of older House of 909, Prescence, or Weekender. Metro Area has a dirtier NYC feel, with roots in disco and black music from the 70/80's.

who cares, its a great album.

AshG

Originally posted by oeretS
I'm lovin this album too, especially that song "Miles", amazing. Surprised to hear you think it sounds like Metro Area though, in what way?

To me this is very good atmospheric deep house/broken beat which sounds very British. Reminds me a lot of older House of 909, Prescence, or Weekender. Metro Area has a dirtier NYC feel, with roots in disco and black music from the 70/80's.

who cares, its a great album.
well, yeah, parts of it do.
spaced atmospherics with minimal percussion and interesting melodies is what metro area is all about - and there's loads of that here, though the overall sound is different. more percussion i'd say.
metro area is as much about what they don't include as what they do though, and this isn't quite the same in that way.
lots of strings though and soaring elements to it, in a similar vein to when metro area does that kind of thing, though they don't do that with all their tracks.

i guess its more of a feel i got from it.
plus, being the first day of vacation, i'm feeling very relaxed right now and this music is complementing that.
metro area seems to have a similar effect on me!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
What label would I be able to find this on? I tried to do a search on it, and not much info came up on it.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Damn, checkin out some of the samples - this is hot!! I can sorta see why you would think "Metro Area"...so you're not the only one on the crazy pill ;)

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

AshG

Originally posted by oeretS
sorry, but isn't the title "Raiders of the Lost Arp"?
yeah, it is.
apparently i'm having trouble reading today.
well... everyday, to be honest.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

funk21

TRIBE Member
I got a 12inch from them and it's wicked, hey Mike did you get a copy of "Still love the Aceid" on Rz?.

B

AshG

Originally posted by funk21
I got a 12inch from them and it's wicked, hey Mike did you get a copy of "Still love the Aceid" on Rz?.

B
nope - didn't ask though, so maybe there's still a copy?