• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Soundcard output to, 2 different sources?

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Windows 7 computer. Standard sound card installed. Can I have the audio coming out of the windows speakers to one receiver and out of the USB port to the other receiver?

Basically single audio source playing through 2 different outputs?

I have looked online and some websites say it can be done but i havent been able to configure the mixer to make it happen.

Is there a better sound card that can output a single audio source through two different ports? ie. the speakers jack and USB?

It seems simple enough. Apparently in XP is was easy. Has anyone else tried it?

thanks

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Here is the set up

Foobar playing the song

USB connected to a DAC to speakers

3.5 mm jack connected to Yamaha receiver to outside speakers

I want to be able to play the same song, through foobar to both DAC and Yamaha.

Is there any settings in Windows that can achieve this? Software?

Thanks for your help!

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
This sounds interesting. Is there any way of duplicating the signal after it leaves your computer instead of trying to before it does? i.e. external sound card, splitter...

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I just realized my title of the thread is completely wrong. Here is the basic idea.

I want to play FLAC files through the Foobar / USB / DAC chain. The whole point is to have great sounding music coming out of these sweet Paradigm speakers. This is my primary source of listening.

I have a second receiver connected to my computer with the Line out (3.5mm). Right out side my sliding door is my patio and a set of outdoor speakers. When entertaining or the kids are playing it is nice to have the same song playing indoors and outdoors at the same time.

How do I achieve this? Playing a single song through two different devices on my computer at the same time?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
can't you feed the line out from the computer to an audio splitter which then sends it to wherever ?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I could but i dont need to split the line out.

The USB to the DAC is the first source of sound. The line out is the second source of sound.

If i split the line out into two, i would lose all the benefit of having a DAC and playing FLAC files through an USB.

Somehow I need to configure windows to recognize both devices at the same time.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Hi All

Its been a long day of tinkering with different software configurations. Still no luck.

So I installed ASIO4all and Virtual Audio Cables. I have been messing around with the software. It is next level stuff. So I'm asking for help. I can get the foobar to see the ASIO playback device. When selected it plays. But i cant find a way to map or bind multiple audio interfaces together. I have been reading on the forums with no luck.

Is anyone experienced with this software? Any pointers? Guides that can walk me through this?

thanks for helping.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I've used that for my external sound card. I don't have either anymore... Send me the details again of what your setup is (exactly), or want it to be. I want to see it first visually.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I can do this with my sound card because it was 8 analog outputs and 24 channels total (Saffire Pro24). I'm not sure how you would achieve this with your renegade soundsystem though :p maybe just buy a better soundcard