1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sound System Rental Advice Needed

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by 2337lover, Aug 11, 2010.

1. 2337lover

2337lover TRIBE Member

I'm looking to throw a small party in my condo party room for about 60-70 people & would like to rent a small sound system. Any ideas as to where to look?

I'll be plugging in my laptop into the system, so I think all I need are a set of speakers, an amp & a mixer. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thx!

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I recommend moog audio MOOG AUDIO - Canada's Best Music Store Online

442 Queen St West
    Toronto, On
    M5V 2A8
    tel: 416-599-MOOG

They have these ideal self powered JBL speaker that would fit the bill. They also rent the other stuff you need. We used them at the TRIBE BBQ and they were outstanding. For a condo party they also have smaller stuff too, like the self-powered speaker we used as a booth monitor.

3. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

I second Moog!

4. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

if all you're using is your laptop, you don't need a mixer.

5. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

The tops we used at the TRIBE BBQ are:

JBL PRX512Mi
    JBL :: Product

The booth monitors might be better for a condo. They are JBL EON 510
    JBL :: Product

They have A&H and Rane Mixers too

6. 2337lover

2337lover TRIBE Member

Thanks everyone. I'll check out moog on the weekend. The self powered speakers look like they would do the trick!

7. 2337lover

2337lover TRIBE Member

I took a look at the rear of the speakers & noticed a funky input jack. I was planning on using the headphone jack to RCA from the laptop to the sound system, but don't think that will work with the JBL's. Any ideas? Is there a cable that would work better?

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

you're in over your head! hahaha make sure that someone sets this up properly. and don't forget to get a sub. it makes a big difference even in a small space.

9. 2337lover

2337lover TRIBE Member

LOL! No kidding! I'll get the moog guys to figure it out for me!