• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sound forge / .cue problems

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
so I've gone and installed Sound Forge 8.0 and decided to make cue files for a mix.
so I know that when making the .cue file you need to do it in minutes, seconds, and frames.

example: 04:18:63 = 4 minutes, 18 seconds, 63 frames

but when I go to Sound Forge with the mp3 opened, and choose "Time & Frames" option, the time is showing up as xx:xx.xx instead of xx:xx:xx
on top of there being a . where the last : should be, the number it reads never goes above xx.14 in Sound Forge.
I thought frames go up to 74?

is there something Im missing here?
is there something in the options that can make my new Sound Forge work like trusty 6.0 did for me?
:confused:

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I installed 8 a while ago - tried it for about 30 minutes - removed it - reinstalled 6.

zoo

TRIBE Member
who cares about the frames ... if you need to get more specific than seconds, just estimate ... pick a number from 00 to 60, depending on where you want the split :p

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
yeah, I'm getting fancy professionally made cd's so I want to make sure everything is right on point.
looks like I might as well go back to 6.0 as I havent found any other reason to keep using 8.0.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders