• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

soulseek: it's called file sharing for a reason!

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
All you fuckers who attempt to download music from other people but don't share your files: fuck you!

I love banning you cunts.

Now go back to kindergarten and learn to share.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Or people like you who's connection is all fucked up and can't see other peoples' files so you ban them when they try to download tracks.

Or the people who have some obscure track that you want, but they keep stopping the download everytime you try to get it.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
why do ppl care about ppl raping their files?
share the FUCKING wealth bitches
and if someone mentions bandwidth or whatever i will throw my monitor at them, what are you doing that needs so much fucking band width, i have mine on preyty much 24/7 same with azereus and whole host of shit and i dont see any problems

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
michlerish

Why assume it's my connection? I usually communicate with the person who's banned to tell them why they're banned, and every time I get a response they admit to not sharing.

So don't blame ME you.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
The whole concept of file SHARING is that the community works when people share. So it's principle.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Maui
This generation didn't attend beavers obviously.

Beavers rocked.

The hat with the tail. What were the colours?? I remember white with the lightening bold ment you were going to scouts.

and the beaver hand signal was cool, because it was similar to the playboy bunny ears.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Boss Hog
michlerish no files shared!!!!

YOU.

They ARE shared... really

Two people have been downloading from me all day.

Do you know what's wrong with my files then?

Special K

TRIBE Member
f sharing. i want all the good tunes/sets to myself!

:p

Originally posted by Michlerish
They ARE shared... really

Two people have been downloading from me all day.

Do you know what's wrong with my files then?
maybe you have your files visible to people only on your userlist ...

OR

if he is in your userlist then it probably has something to do with this ...

Why...
can't I load a user's shares or info?
can't a user load my shares or info?
can't I download from a user?
can't a user download from me?
do I get so few or no search results?
The answer to all the questions above is the same in 99% of the cases. You are behind a firewall or router and do not have the proper ports open to the outside world to allow Soulseek to function properly.

Look in your Soulseek options. In the General Options window you will see a text box displaying the Listening Port Soulseek is using. You need to configure your network so that this port (whatever it may be, there is no "best" port) is forwarded to and open on the computer you use for Soulseek.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michlerish
or people that have connection speeds of < 5kbps.

WTF?!?! Why are they even on Soulseek?!?
because they don't understand the purpose of the throttle.

My thing is... download whatever you want, but keep it to 10 tracks or 1 album... cause chances are, i'm going to shut down my comp after i'm done getting the shit i'm after.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories