• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
for most of us, the raves came first...yes, I'm aware that they did sort of self destruct, but aside from that, as you got older you sort of began to find them annoying, and just too much....

so you started going to clubs, clubs were great you thought, everyones older and you can have drinks and this is so much better....but after clubbing for a great number of years, you start to realize that there is ZERO personal interacton.....you can't really have a discussion with anyone, nothing more than glorified shouting matches occur....soon you start starving for conversation and personal interaction...besides, the clubs you go to are all getting tired and full of nutters, and as for the other ones out there....yikes, even worse.

so you think you'll go try out some of those lounges where the interior is super nice, the music is softer, and people actually talk.....these places are stylish, they're way more you now that you're moving into a real career, and you have money and you're looking to actually meet someone to date seriously....going to a nice restaurant and then to the lounge-style club is the ticket....but eventually you grow tired of the pretensious people there, and the trouble it takes to get dressed up, and get your ass down there, just to make up conversation with people you don't know.....so you go less and less frequently.

and then, one day, you find yourself getting sleepy at 9 pm, and thinking about the "long" day you have tomorrow, and that you should get to bed early......and thats it.......you're done.

I see my self exiting stage two, and into stage 3 as we speak....clubs are fun...but for the most part, I get really frustrated that on any given evening you say MAYBE 30 sentences all night.....I'm starving for conversation.

maybe that's why cluber/ravers are so big on the internet chat thing....simply because they don't talk to eachother when they're out.

you think?
 

under18

TRIBE Member
shit... i am going to "lounges" now and getting a bit tired of them ...... whats next? im only 18 damnit....

i'd like to think that the scheming that goes on between me and my best friend/partner in crime at bars will never get tired though..... this sucks

xoxo
-c-
 

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
I'm bored as fuck.

you gotta get some people together that love beer and sit around and drink pints. as the weather gets warmer it'll be easier to meet up with people and chill.

black bull anyone?
 

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
well, you have to make allowences for people who actually DO meet up and converse every so often....but believe me, I know a great many that go to clubs every weekend.

you're right Shannon....beer, bars, buddys and warm lathargic afternoons are the greatest.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

Guest

Guest
Sunny @ Josh's: Galleries, cafes, film festivals, documentary festivals, theme parks, parks, skating, biking, videogames, cards, chillin' out on someone's porch...

There is so much shit out there. Clubs and music is just one element of one's lifestyle.
 

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I'm 32 years old, and I still love going out and losing my mind every week if financially possible. I love to dance, I love hanging out with like-minded people and I plain love the music. I don't get tired at 9pm, and when the crowd is good it's a wonderful high.

BBB.

..but that's just me.
 

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I think (hope) that a lot of this laziness has to do just with the winter stretching on... and on... and on...

I know that I've been lazy as fuck lately, going out just one night on weekends if I can help it, and sleeping up a storm whenever the opportunity presents itself. Maybe once we get going in daylight savings we'll all have a bit more energy and a bit more will to party. :)

Pete
 
G

Guest

Guest
Sunny: And what better to top off a Saturday shopping and walking around with friends than to get pre-drinks at a pub and go to a great event at night?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
Sunny @ Josh's: Galleries, cafes, film festivals, documentary festivals, theme parks, parks, skating, biking, videogames, cards, chillin' out on someone's porch...

There is so much shit out there. Clubs and music is just one element of one's lifestyle.
no no, I'm with you 110%.....the tread wasn't so much about myself, as it was just the cycle I see people go through.

working in this industry for a while, you see people who do just that, and even though I do a TON of other things, you still associate with it.

it's more age related than anything else....but sooner or later, it all does become too much......club and rave related anyhow....

d/
 

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
I think (hope) that a lot of this laziness has to do just with the winter stretching on... and on... and on...

I know that I've been lazy as fuck lately, going out just one night on weekends if I can help it, and sleeping up a storm whenever the opportunity presents itself. Maybe once we get going in daylight savings we'll all have a bit more energy and a bit more will to party. :)

Pete
ok i was seriously worried this was just me.. the last little bit i have had ZERO desire to do anything other than chill in ... I figured maybe cause i was workin a lot but hell i wasn't doin that much overtime...

i've been waiting for cri to give me shit for it :)

bring on the summer...

Dave
 

dimpy

TRIBE Member
i'm glad i'm not the only one the weather seems to be effecting, last SATURDAY night i slept for 10 hours compared to my usual 3 if i go out and 6.5 if i don't.

maybe it's because i started late, but i still love clubbing at 25 going on 26. i've tried the bar/lounge thing and even chilling at people's houses but it's kind of hard if you don't drink socially. i'm not necessarily talking about peer pressure but you can't sip and nurse pop/juice/water i find like a drink and maybe it's just me but i feel awkward with nothing in my hands at those kind of places.

and i find myself wanting to bust lose and full out dance at these places because a lot of times the music is quite good, but i know that i might not be able to stop. even when other people are kind of half dancing, you know the kind you tend to do in dress clothes, i get annoyed because i just feel stiffled.

staying at home at night for more than 2 weekends in a row makes me CRAZY

but maybe it's just me.
 

Bean

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?

and then, one day, you find yourself getting sleepy at 9 pm, and thinking about the "long" day you have tomorrow, and that you should get to bed early......and thats it.......you're done.

Gah.

I'm already there at age 25... up at 5 or so to be at work at 7, not leaving work till 5 or later... each day.

So glad that will be over soon.

Peace,

Sabina

.:. Share what you know, learn what you don't .:.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

air-bag

TRIBE Member
lol i started with clubs and lounges... now i'm getting more into raves :)

and i want to party more than ever :)
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'm old now, and it's not about the music at all anymore. It's about the drugs.

Get the proper rotation going, and you just never get tired of it:

week 1: ketamine
week 2: ghb
week 3: lsd
week 4: mdma
week 5: heroin
week 6: sobriety, and it feels fucked

lather, rinse, repeat

p.s.: shut up
 

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?
maybe that's why cluber/ravers are so big on the internet chat thing....simply because they don't talk to eachother when they're out.

you think?
Ha, that makes sense.
I hate going to clubs, seeing someone I haven't seen in ages, and our whole conversation consists of "What?"
I'm sick of clubs. I enjoy someone's living room better.
 

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

Originally posted by Stormshadow


Ha, that makes sense.
I hate going to clubs, seeing someone I haven't seen in ages, and our whole conversation consists of "What?"
I'm sick of clubs. I enjoy someone's living room better.
Why does it have to be one or the other? Don't go to clubs to have scintillating conversations, go to dance. If you can have a conversation, bonus!

..or actually, go to clubs and do whatever you want. I should have said I don't go to clubs to have scintillating conversations, I go to dance. I shouldn't assume anyone else does things for the same reasons or with the same outlook as I do.

Anyway, what I'm saying is I think clubs are good for what I get from them, so are chill nights watching movies with friends, or out at a quiet restaurant shooting the shit.

BBB.

I like all of it! :)
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
I shouldn't assume anyone else does things for the same reasons or with the same outlook as I do.
No they don't. They do things for the reasons I do them, and everyone (except you) has the same outlook as me.

I don't think everyone's drug schedule is the same as mine however. Must work on this.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

Originally posted by PosTMOd
I don't think everyone's drug schedule is the same as mine however. Must work on this.
Actually, that's the only place where our realities intersect. (For me, it's a daily rotation though, not weekly.)

BBB.

Must.. keep.. medicated. :p

PS You going to Surface tonight, bitch? If so, I will have my hands on your ass, I guarantee it.
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
PS You going to Surface tonight, bitch? If so, I will have my hands on your ass, I guarantee it.
Yes, I am. Allison charges most people $2 a squeeze for my ass, but first one's free.

(Let's play a game: when you see me, guess what week it is)
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

Originally posted by BigBadBaldy


Why does it have to be one or the other? Don't go to clubs to have scintillating conversations, go to dance. If you can have a conversation, bonus!
I went to a club last night, to S&D at the Kool Haus no less. And among the thousands of people there, I managed to have a most excellent conversation, with a most excellent person. If you were to ask me what the best part of my night was, I would say walking around and talking to people.

Wasn't that the best part of raving? Talking to people. Who says you can't have conversation at a party. Granted, Money or Plastique may not be the best choices. But System :)p), Kool Haus, or any of the other places cool people tend to frequent, are perfectly fine for talking.

Ming.
 

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

Originally posted by PosTMOd


Yes, I am. Allison charges most people $2 a squeeze for my ass, but first one's free.

Even if it's a two-hander?

Originally posted by PosTMOd

(Let's play a game: when you see me, guess what week it is)
Should be able to tell by the smell.

BBB.

:p
 

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sooner or later, it all becomes too much...

Unoriginally posted by Yul Brenner

Why does it have to be one or the other? Don't go to clubs to have scintillating conversations, go to dance. If you can have a conversation, bonus!
Originally posted by mingster

I went to a club last night, to S&D at the Kool Haus no less. And among the thousands of people there, I managed to have a most excellent conversation, with a most excellent person. If you were to ask me what the best part of my night was, I would say walking around and talking to people.

Wasn't that the best part of raving? Talking to people. Who says you can't have conversation at a party. Granted, Money or Plastique may not be the best choices. But System :)p), Kool Haus, or any of the other places cool people tend to frequent, are perfectly fine for talking.

Ming.
Did you even read the rest of my post, or just hit
after you read that sentence?

BBB.

:p You know I'm just busting your balls ming, I LUVS YA!!

PS I also agree with you.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top