• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sony is a 4 letter word

wickedken

TRIBE Member
It's a very interesting spotlight being put on Sony's dirty laundry with those "hacks". On one hand I'm not surprised, since it is a multinational media conglomerate, but on the other I am surprised that people would actually put such content into an email. Obviously their IT never believed in a shorter-term retention policy, or security for that matter.

Execs worried that the James Bond movie sucks
James Bond Spectre film suffers Sony Pictures leak | Daily Mail Online

Flash Boys copywriter paid millions but worried about finding Asian actor
Sony's Amy Pascal alleges Aaron Sorkin is 'sleeping with Molly Bloom' in leaked emails | Daily Mail Online

Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams paid significantly less than male American Hustle co-stars
Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams paid less than male American Hustle co-stars | Daily Mail Online

It's tough to move up if your not of a certain persuasion
Sony employee alleges rampant workplace racism in leaked email | Daily Mail Online

Aggressive legal action against Bill Murray for the new Ghostbusters??
Sony mulled legal action after Murray 'Ghostbusters' snub - NY Daily News

Angelina J gets called a spoiled brat
Angelina Jolie stares down Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal - NY Daily News

PR hack gets fired
‘Fire Your P.R. Guy’ E-Mail Sends Sony Exec Out the Door - Bloomberg

Media companies also think Google is evil
Project Goliath: Inside Hollywood's secret war against Google | The Verge

And then of course there are those movies...

Sony pictures has had a very poor bout of morale - they did a huge cutback on staff not that long ago (which makes a disgruntled employee a much more likely suspect for the hack than North Korea does), and people who've worked there have said it's pretty close to working in hell.

I found the internal review of staff's thoughts on the company pretty amusing - a lot of dislike for Adam Sandler's movies and asking why they keep working with him.