• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Songs u like that radio ruined

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I loved that Motocycle song, "when the rush comes". that was my song of last summer! Now they're playing it all the time on 103.5! all the ginos are gonna get into it...why...oh why?!?!? :eek:
 

twitch

TRIBE Member
haha I rememer getting Darude's Sandstorm the day it was released, and played it that night at an e-mail party at the opera house. And the crowd went absolutely mental.

But after a month or so, it was soo overplayed people would make fun of me for even owning it.
 

twitch

TRIBE Member
and not ruined, but way too overplayed is Robert Miles' Children.

I remember hearing it about 6 months before it made it's way to the airways.
 

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MrMarcus
I loved that Motocycle song, "when the rush comes". that was my song of last summer! Now they're playing it all the time on 103.5! all the ginos are gonna get into it...why...oh why?!?!? :eek:

yeah man that one had top 40 potential right from the get go.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
satisfaction by benni benassi was a great song the first time i heard it back in emgalnd but it is now so overplayed.

matt
 

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Iio - Rapture

Anything by Sylver

DJ Sammy - Heaven

Crapvil Lavigne - anything crap by her
Britney Spears - any crap by her
Christina Whoregilera - any crap by her

Who Da Funk - Shiny Disco Balls
(you know something is overplayed when your 45y/o workaholic boss makes a reference to a song like this)

Cosmic Gate - Fire Wire, Back to Earth

Coldplay - Clocks... and the other song they have... i forget what it's called.

NO DOUBT - IT'S MY LIFE <== holy crap! I heard it 8 times within the span of 2hours about 3 weeks ago
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Sorry...

those are all songs that the radio ruined.
I don't necessarily like them
see...i think it's ruined from the start... and for it to be ruined you had to have liked it at the start. ;)

now cough up and admit it son.
 

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Crapvil Lavigne - anything crap by her
Britney Spears - any crap by her
Christina Whoregilera - any crap by her
These songs were ruined right from the get go, long before radio had a hand in playing them. :p
 

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
sorry... someone said overplayed, and my mind shifted gears.


Ummm... it's hard for me to say which songs were ruined by the radio, truthfully, seeing as how i hardly ever listen.

But as i said before...


Originally posted by The Tesseract
Who Da Funk - Shiny Disco Balls
(you know something is overplayed when your 45y/o workaholic boss makes a reference to a song like this)

NO DOUBT - IT'S MY LIFE <== holy crap! I heard it 8 times within the span of 2hours about 3 weeks ago
I did like Shiny Disco Balls... and being the 80's/New Wave/Retro afficianado that i am, i was really ticked when i heard the No Doubt version. It seems as if Steffani is still holding back on her vocals. Their version could've been much better.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
yeah werd, I remember how much I used to listen to the radio when I was a kid.


I bought a new stereo in the fall, and I left the "fm antenna" thingy in the box, haven't as much as turned it on.
 

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by twitch
haha I rememer getting Darude's Sandstorm the day it was released, and played it that night at an e-mail party at the opera house. And the crowd went absolutely mental.

But after a month or so, it was soo overplayed people would make fun of me for even owning it.
I used to like Blue
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj frigid
HOT 103.5 for me.

hahaha :)

See there was a time, I am going to go out on a limb here and say.....1995? when 103.5 was ALL dance music.

Euro etc, and I think the odd little "underground" show got squeezed into there as well, I know Shepp had his Sat show.


Then it went shit 40, and I quit listening.
 

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
See there was a time, I am going to go out on a limb here and say.....1995? when 103.5 was ALL dance music.

Euro etc, and I think the odd little "underground" show got squeezed into there as well, I know Shepp had his Sat show.


Then it went shit 40, and I quit listening.
I believe that was HITS 103.5
 

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
yeah, hits 103.5 was when it went shit


I think it was just called 103 DOT 5 when I liked it, it was from Barrie or something...I think.
you might be right, because i remember a time in 91/92 when I was coming home from a scout camping trip up in Muskoka and the reception for 103.5 was amazing, but then again, it all depends on the power of the transmitting antenna, if I'm correct.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top