• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sonar 3 Producers Edition vs. Cubase SX

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
considering purchasing sonar 3.

not wanting to take too much of your time, but if anyone could briefly share their thoughts on this matter, i would be most appreciative.

-rob

hysterical

TRIBE Member
no i was just kidding around...........
Ludikris and myself were debating about it in another thread :D .
i myself dont prefer it. Plus i dont know much about it......but i love Sonar *Thumbs Up*

Static EQ

TRIBE Member
computer music gave sonar 3 a higher rating than cubase...

apparantly, sonar comes with a mint filter package as well.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Static EQ

TRIBE Member
The new Cakewalk VST adaptor has delay compensation, correcting a major difference between the new Cubase and Sonar.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Static EQ
The new Cakewalk VST adaptor has delay compensation, correcting a major difference between the new Cubase and Sonar.

Cubase SX 2.01 has delay compensation..are you saying it does or doesn't?

ludikris

TRIBE Member
In my experience, Cubase SX is clearly the most intuitive, straight forward and simplest sequencer to learn no matter what your level of music understanding.

I gave my girlfriend a little crash course and In a couple days she was producing her own tracks with vocals and fx..

She hadn't a clue about what a sequencer was other than what she saw over my shoulder while I was in the Studio. She was able to grasp it in no time.

Not to mention the countless awards it has won.

physix

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax
Cubase SX 2.01 has delay compensation..are you saying it does or doesn't?

no, i think he's saying that Sonar's biggest problem
was the VST delay which has been corrected.

The Electrician

TRIBE Promoter
Sonar is way too busy looking anyways... Cubase has a sleeker look. It just feels easier to look at for a long period of time.

I would rather look at SX for 12 hours straight than Sonar...

that could my opinion... but I do anything that helps the creative juice flow...

Cubase makes me feel like your mother is rubbing my back while I write music. And Sonar makes me feel like your Father is rubbing my back after he just left your little brothers room....

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bob stone
have you ever considered cubase SL 2.0??

limits... i don't like them.

certainly a steal for those who don't mind though. but i know that all the tracks i've made with reason have ended up with at least 20 or so machines, and at least an equal amount of effects processors... i don't know what the limits are in the SL version, but just the fact that there are some turns me away.

physix

TRIBE Member
you'd be fine with Cubase SL.

(mirroring your Reason set up with Cubase that is)

but you sound like me... my reason set ups
have many "equips" and several effects.

hell, each percussion part has it's own EQ
and compression device on it... (altho sometimes
one might get used and another might not).

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by physix

you sound like me... my reason set ups
have many "equips" and several effects.

hell, each percussion part has it's own EQ
and compression device on it... (altho sometimes one might get used and another might not).

yeah, i go very effects happy in reason. it's just too damn easy to add 'em.

by the end, my tracks usually eat up so much processing power that i'd have trouble squeezing another machine in... and my computer isn't slow...