• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

something i dont understand....

TPO

TRIBE Member
why the hell people call progressive (e.g. sasha)... TRANCE? it sounds so gay... and i find it closer to house than trance...

opinions?

marcinm

TRIBE Member
cause what sasha does play is trance, but just a stronger beat... but still it's for sure more trance than techno or house. It has buildup (but usually more subtle) and those "no bass" moments... for sure the stuff that sasha plays is trance, imo

Marcin M :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

nusty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by todiefor
progressive is the evolution of trance
lol.

thats just cause no one can program a new and original synth line in trance these days. but certain samples are changing that around now.
I'm starting to get sick of prog... its not progressing at all. it did for a while, now its the same 'sound'.
I think prog just put more work into baselines and percusion that after enough play get just as tiring as synths.
I love em both. but also tire of them both the same.
The new tracks them I'm loving are the ones that take the strengths of both styles.

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by nusty
lol.

The new tracks them I'm loving are the ones that take the strengths of both styles.
do you think teisto 'traffic' would fall into that catergory?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders