• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

something different....check it out

evil homer

TRIBE Member
i like the second tune a whole lot, especially the organ line (of course i also like arthur lee) and the drum fills.
The bassline is pretty annoying though, sounds out of wack, too loud, out of key, doesn't really fit the rest of the tune to my ears.

Otherwise i'm intrigued, let's see some Moby Grape soon

zoo

TRIBE Member
what do i think?

skeeter is very technically accomplished and likes music that is pretty far "off" the usual ;0)

it's interesting and obviously hard to embrace :p

zorak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo

it's interesting and obviously hard to embrace :p
really? i think it's pretty easy to embrace...by that i mean that i don't find these tunes to be challenging to listen to.

terrawrist...i agree, the drumming is bod!!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zorak
really? i think it's pretty easy to embrace...
pfft, you would :mad:

:D

discussing music on the internet is hard, too much effort, my brain is still in electric field lines vs equipotential mode

zorak

TRIBE Member
pfft...nerd it up, nerdlinger!

but seriously, you can't tell me that you think these tunes are hard on the ears. c'maaaaaaan!

ps. laplace transforms own me. i'll never be rid of laplace transforms.

zoo

TRIBE Member
laplace is like playing in the sandbox yo ;0)

but yeah i hear you, when will the math madness end ...

--

i'm not talking about the drums, i'm talking about the clashing soundscape on top of it, the fact that while the distorted bassline is a fun match to the organ sample, it's not exactly a harmonic sample

no disrespect, because some of the best things i've ever heard of been harmonically [and unlike here structurally] unsound [notably brian eno's music for airports]

simple harmonies are easy to 'get' no matter how complex the rhythm section, but programming new theories in harmony require new learnin'

dig?

i'm so full of shit i don't know when to stop, eh? ;)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

zorak

TRIBE Member
first things first...zoo, stop being such a gigantic nerdlinger for at least 10 seconds :p

riot grrrrrrrrrl: i'll ask the boy to put them back up...haha....he's so quick to take tunes off line.