• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

someone tell me Dorfmeister was horrible so i feel better...

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
my peeps SUCK.
or rather, the universe told me i couldn't go dancing last night.
my best girl lost her wallet (what is with people losing their wallets lately?)
my roommate is crazy busy with work
my *hot date* rescheduled
and everyone else don't go dancin on a school night...

Dorfmeister Dorfmeister...
t'was not meant to beeee...
le siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!!!!!!!!
:( :( :( technics1200 technics1200 :( :( :(

AlexD? DVS?? someone? tell me he was wasted. tell me he sucked. tell me it was the most horrible night EVER... please?
(actually, tell me the truth. lies would only torture me more!!!)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
groovespinna said:
I can tell you whoever it is has a shitastic name.

you sir win for the most awesome thing I've read all week

I do hope he was good, and am chuffed I missed him

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
DJ Doublecross said:
lol, yeah who is this Dorfmeister guy! Probably some n00b... I bet he's never done anything important with a name like that!

Someone should tell him he's never gonna make it anywhere in this crazy mixed up world if he doesn't smarten up and choose a cool name...

praktik

TRIBE Member
He should shorten it to "Dorf"...

But then maybe Dorf of "Dorf on Golf" fame would have something to say about that!

:D

Deep_Groove

TRIBE Member
mariazmess, everyone, ...count yourselves lucky if u missed this one.

My mom's pet rabbit could have spun a better set than that

Standard fare jazzy funky house with a bit of chunky tribal...I actually thought Felix and Gani played better while opening...

I was thinking: "WTF? Is this REALLY Dorfmeister?" No deep dubbyness, no outer-space antics...no really creative mixes...NOTHING INTERESTING AT ALL

the crowd was interesting as expected, and some were getting down nicely but overall a big MEH from me

- Deep_Groove

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
it's kinda sad to see that a dj like that commands that kinda price when really any third year bedroom dj could tanked him. but, i managed to have some fun.

deevah

TRIBE Member
wow...really?

that's disappointing

in other news - my thurs early am mtg got moved to Tues. this means i can start coming out on wed nites (no closing down the party still tho)...still a school nite YAY

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
personally, i thought the crowd was great and felix and gani held it down and opened up nicely for richard dorfmeister. admittedly, i kind of expected him to play more uptempo tracks as his productions would likely have put the room off a bit (while downtempo is great to chill to, it certainly isn't music that makes you want to really 'move'.) his set was by no means a bad one and his mixing was decent however it was a pretty 'safe' set and nothing particularly stood out musically. mainly deep house mixed with some 'bigger-room-sounding' house tracks (soulful strings, son of raw, etc.) a fun night overall with a very nice turnout and the crowd seemed to be enjoying themselves. good times.

d

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
^^ all the fun i had was thanks to you dude. :) much appreciate the hospitality. Dorfmeister did play a 'safe' set and just felt like he was feeling the room out.. for the entire night! no really set direction, no set sound, just searching and searching for something to capture the crowd and never finding it and nothing sticking. had he stuck to his guns and built a groove with a specific sound, whether i personally liked it or not, i'd have more respect.

FlexdeFunk

TRIBE Member
Education A Must -even With Lounge Music

Guys.

common now.

who is Kruder Dorfmiester???? How about one half of 'K + D' from 'K + D Sessions'. If you listen to electronica, and haven't heard this cd in the last 10years your wack. It's the most popular lounge/downtempo/trip hop cd ever released. It's sold over 500,000 copies, which kills any other cd sales in the 'Lounge' catagory. (Thievery Corperation and K + D have been the only prodominent lounge producers for the past 10 years, although K + D travel indepentaly now.)

Last time he came he came with his partner (Peter Kruder) and packed the Kool Haus. Played their proper lounge for about 45 minutes, then played house (for some reason) soon after.

Don't bash people until you know what your talking about.

Let's stay educated Toronto!!!

From House, Trance, Lounge, Breaks, we must all stay educated, even if we don't like the genre, it's still our scene.

Last edited:

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I can't believe all those posts up there from people who don't know who Dorfmesiter is! Spinsah, Kalemic, SneakyPete... educate yourselves!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
FlexdeFunk said:
Guys.

common now.

who is Kruder Dorfmiester???? How about one half of 'K + D' from 'K + D Sessions'. If you listen to electronica, and haven't heard this cd in the last 10years your wack. It's the most popular lounge/downtempo/trip hop cd ever released. It's sold over 500,000 copies, which kills any other cd sales in the 'Lounge' catagory. (Thievery Corperation and K + D have been the only prodominent lounge producers for the past 10 years, although K + D travel indepentaly now.)

Last time he came he came with his partner (Peter Kruder) and packed the Kool Haus. Played their proper lounge for about 45 minutes, then played house (for some reason) soon after.

From House, Trance, Lounge, Breaks, we must all stay educated, even if we don't like the genre, it's still our scene.

snowpants!

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
DJ Doublecross said:
Yeah, I can't believe all those posts up there from people who don't know who Dorfmesiter is! Spinsah, Kalemic, SneakyPete... educate yourselves!
errrm i coulda sworn they were being sarcastic... ?
I was expecting a chill out evening chatting with friends, listening to some cool mellow beats and enjoying the vibe... now that it's Sunday, I'm so happy I didn't try to make it a 4-night weekend. Wednesday to Saturday dancing woulda just been retarded.

no regrets here.

slingshot

TRIBE Member
FlexdeFunk said:
Guys.

common now.

Dude - if YOU were educated - why would you question the fact that K&D played house. Bet ya didn't know they used to play drum & bass! C'mon now people.

ss

Par- T

TRIBE Member
FlexdeFunk said:

That night was great - I remember rushing down after a friend's wedding, tunes were fantastic - dubby, atmospheric, funky, stupidly good. As much as I wanted to go last week, the thought of a Wednesday at Ultra was so unappealing. I'm with Maria on this - glad it wasn't so great so now I feel better for skipping.

-T