• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Someone Explain These Mysterious Windows Features

Rocky

TRIBE Member
sometimes when i place the mouse pointer over a file, the file deatails are shown in a lillte box, sometimes not.

?

somtimes when i double-click a file to open it, it tries to rename it. most of the time, it opens the file. i have noticed that this only happens when i click the file name, but double-clciking the file name also opens the file.

?

i'm sure there are more that i can't figure out, but i can't think of them right now.
 

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rocky
somtimes when i double-click a file to open it, it tries to rename it. most of the time, it opens the file. i have noticed that this only happens when i click the file name, but double-clciking the file name also opens the file.
You're not double-clicking fast enough. You can lower the double-click speed in your Mouse Settings which is located in the Control Panel. Or you can learn how to click faster. :)
 

Kid Lax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Rocky
sometimes when i place the mouse pointer over a file, the file deatails are shown in a lillte box, sometimes not.
It only works when the window you are using is active.
 

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Someone Explain These Mysterious Windows Features

Originally posted by Stan
You're not double-clicking fast enough. You can lower the double-click speed in your Mouse Settings which is located in the Control Panel. Or you can learn how to click faster. :)
yeah yeah make him click faster!
:p
 

xtollo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rocky
somtimes when i double-click a file to open it, it tries to rename it. most of the time, it opens the file. i have noticed that this only happens when i click the file name, but double-clciking the file name also opens the file.
click on the icon dude, not the text
 

HotSauce

TRIBE Member
Somewhat related...

Check out the @Biz section of the Star today... Page D2... Article is...
" Refund rule would boost software quality "

I'd post a link, but thestar.com doesn't seem to host the article. Conspiracy? Hmm...
 
Top