• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

someone do me a fave

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
my comp is fucked and I cant access OCAD's web site.

can you hit www.ocad.on.ca there'll be a link "school closure" at the bottom right.. let me know if it's open tomorrow.

I'm so tired I wanna crash

SCHOOL CLOSURE

This page has been created to inform you of school closure which might occur due to severe weather conditions.

The school is currently OPEN. The buildings will close tonight Tuesday, January 27 at 6 PM. All evening classes after 6 PM. are canceled.

ATTENTION: LIBERAL STUDIES STUDENTS
Intro. to Visual Culture
VISC 1B06
Sec. 1

The Michener Institute is closed due to bad weather conditions, Therefore, the lecture for VISC 1B06, Sec. 1 is cancelled.

We also apologize for the domino block that we ripped off from Pee Wee's Playhouse

Inclement Weather Policy

Ontario College of Art & Design remains open and in full operation during regular hours, regardless of weather conditions. Under severe weather conditions, or in the case of an emergency, a decision may be made to restrict operations or close the College altogether. This decision is the responsibility of the President. In the President's absence, the responsibility resides with a designate in the following order: Executive Vice-President; Vice-President, Academic; Director, Plant Services.

If the working day has not commenced, a decision to cancel classes and/or services will be made by the President or designate no later than 7 am. This decision will be communicated directly to the Director, Plant Services, who, in conjunction with the Plant Services managers and staff, will alert the media, indicating the status of classes and the administrative service available at the College. Arrangements for building security and any necessary change to the College's voicemail message will be made at that time. The announcement will be forwarded to the following designated stations:

Radio: CFRB 1010 AM; CBC 99.1 FM; CHUM 1050 AM.
TV: CITY TV, channel 57, cable 7; CFTO TV channel 9, cable 8.

In the case of inclement weather, faculty, staff and students have two options: listen to the designated radio and television stations for announcements regarding the cancellation of classes and/or services, or call the College's voicemail system.

If the working day has commenced, the President or designate may decide to cancel classes and/or services due to inclement weather conditions. This decision will be communicated to the Executive Vice-President and Vice-President Academic who will, in turn, inform the College's Managers and Deans. Managers will inform their staff of the cancelled services, as well as anyone expected to attend Council or committee meetings scheduled to be held later that day. Deans will inform faculty, including faculty scheduled to teach classes that evening. The Director, Plant Services, and Plant Services management and staff will be responsible for alerting the media and overseeing security and voicemail. Students attending evening courses should also listen to the designated radio and television stations for an announcement regarding the cancellation of classes, or call the College's voicemail system at 416-977-6000.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Fro the Ryehigher's

Ryerson is 416-979-5000.

Classes are scheduled to run tommorrow, they'll be updating at 6am tommorrow morning.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Re: Fro the Ryehigher's

Originally posted by basic

Classes are scheduled to run tommorrow, they'll be updating at 6am tommorrow morning.

:(

oh well, i should be happy with one half day off!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
FUCK, I really wanted to go to my documentary class tonight.

I don't know what my coworkers were so shocked when I said I was still going. Good thing I called. I mean, it's only fucking snow, people.

My supervisor was acting like it was precipitating ants or molasses.

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yeah it's unbelievable that people shut it all down because of some snow. "Money was no object in this decision !"

MoFo

TRIBE Member
No, I mean I know a lot of people are coming from really far and have to get home. So that's understandable.

But for city folk who are afraid to go outside, it's just lame. And for people who think that missing a class is good, well, that's lame too because I was supposed to watch 2 documentaries tonight and watch the Osbournes. Boooo..

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I wouldn't understand if my class was cancelled. I'd be pissed off

I wonder if work is cancelled tomorrow

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
I wouldn't understand if my class was cancelled. I'd be pissed off

I wonder if work is cancelled tomorrow

That's what I am worrying about.

I don't like missing work because my kids don't get the help they need. One more lost day. And some end up showing up and I have to turn them away. Which is SOOOO brutal.

But whatever. I got paid to make 20 phonecalls today and that's it. I got there and was told to leave. So I'm not complaining about getting paid to go to Liz's house to eat fajitas. Heh.

Snow's great! I'm going to an art gallery tomorrow if work is cancelled. And doin' some shopping.

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
yeah you're right. It doesn't really make me mad, until I start considering the principle of the thing, and the lack of common sense about it, and then I get furious

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
wow.. sunny. very opinionated are we?

I have a cold and I really hurt my back so yes I want my 8.30 class to be cancelled. guess that makes me a lame

oh well off to school I go