• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Some of the best drone video in the world

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
As drones become more available to the masses and people start experimenting with various shots around the world, there needs to be a place to showcase some of these images, so here it is.

South Africa

[YOUTUBE]TevRHxPs7io[/YOUTUBE]

I really want to take a drone down there during the 'Sardine Run' to shoot overhead images of massive shoals of fish being dive-bombed by sea birds and chased by sharks from below.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]a9KZ3jgbbmI[/YOUTUBE]

This really doesn't need the crappy opera to make it special.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Oddly enough I was looking at one this weekend with the idea to film wakeboarding sessions. The pole system I use now is good but the drone would make such better and more stable video.

I love this stuff so thanks for sharing!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
what are the current laws of flying one of these around and filming in downtown Toronto?
Who cares what the laws are -- they're basically unenforceable if you are a little careful.

My dad has bought drones online direct from a factory in china and they are very sturdy quality and are easily powerful enough to lift electronic gizmos like cameras etc. They are quad-copter types.

They seem to be so cheap now that even if yours is confiscated or somehow lost, it's not a big blow $$$ like losing a model helicopter might be.

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Who cares what the laws are -- they're basically unenforceable if you are a little careful.
Transport canada fines $5K personal and $30k commercial where applicable.

Fly responsible (not over people, roadways or densely populated areas) and you won't have a problem.

If you're going to take money for any Aerial operations, you need to file for a Special Flight Operations Certificate which could take 20 days or so to process. If you're going to take money for aerial ops and you don't file for SFOC, you'd be smart not to advertise your business or eventually TC will catch up with you.

My UAV insurance covers me at half a million liability and costs just short of a grand per year.

These things are fun... they're potentially profitable.. but they're extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. The general public doesn't see the dangers and the Manufacturers don't underline the safety considerations.

I've been running UAV operations for about a year now, contracting for another company. Will be starting up my own once the dust settles on a few of my first SFOC's.

If you guys have any questions about the tech or the business.. I'll be happy to answer whatever I can.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
I have the Phantom 3 advanced. .be putting it to work at the cottage tomorrow :) I don't charge for the photo taking..I charge for the editing ;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories