• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Some funny shit in the house room

slingshot

TRIBE Member
Over the debate of mp3 quality....

DJ 6 String said:
absolutely, positively, without a doubt in my mind. You can play a 192 and a 320, and i would bet my first born child on my guessing the 320.

the difference between 192 and 320 is huge. The difference between 320 and .wav is nearly undetectable.

a 192 file has an overall muffle to it. the bass seems to have less punchiness and intensity to it. often times i'll step into a dj booth after a "192 dj" steps out, nad he's got the all the eq's cranked to 4 o'clock.

192 is like listening to a 320, while cupping your hands over your ears...

Hahahaha... some funny shit. If only Dj 6-string would put the words, "The world's best 320 dj" before his name on flyers, people may actually know who he is.

word.

ss

p.s. Listening to DJ 6-String is like listening to Danny Tenaglia while cupping your hands over your ears.

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/showthread.php?t=93656&page=6

zoo

TRIBE Member
i think 6 string is bullshitting

a blind test with a set of hifi headphones and i bet that overall he couldn't significantly differentiate between the two correctly

Aleks

TRIBE Member
^yeah of course not with headphones, but in a proper sound system like Stereo i bet you could hear a slight difference...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
The true test is if you can tell the difference with 2 pills and line of coke up your nose.

Because really, at 5am at someplace like Stereo those are the only people who are listening anyway.