• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Soldier of Fortune 2 Multiplayer Test!

Just got it and it looks great... I'll have to get in on some multiplayer action sometime soon!

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
again it's a pain in the ass getting things to run properly off a cable connection

If people aren't lagged out completely and frozen their lagometer loses packets all over the place when in heavy firefights

We gotta figure out someway we can get the bandwidth to host a game properly

Running nondedicated servers obviously don't work out too well

Although the tweaks I found did help sort out some of the lagometer issues, after I disconnected to message Simon they came right back

sigh

Looking forward to when this game is actually released and you can play online on dedicated broadband servers...

In the meantime I guess this will do

Originally posted by Bass-Invader
i find myself wishing dead people dropped 50 health.

Yeah, I was saying to Simon earlier that I think this will encourage CS type gameplay rather than MOH type gameplay. Because health is fairly rare and the weapons are so good that a headshot from an assault rifle will blow your melon clean off

This thread needs a bump because this game ROCKS!!

Even though I had my ass handed to me numerous times, I LOVE THIS GAME!

It's just too bad there's no way to start out with armour, I died so many times after just one or two shots.

And one time I shot a grenade right at Kife's feet and he still survived!

I will get my revenge! :mad:

Pete

Hey...I just d/l it....and it looks like a lot of fun...
I don't use ICQ though...just MSN (firestarter_alc@hotmail.com)

Where do you guys play?

I Wanna Frag too!!! :p

the beta is even better.. oh my goodness....

graphics are even more intense.. and yes, the sound is DEFINATELY IMPROVED!

what a great game.. i cant wait till it comes out so i can buy a legit copy.

mytag.gif

Originally posted by Tearer
KiFe schooled me this morning. Now I am Jedi.

man.. the ak74 it quickly becomming my gun of choice.. .but what the fuck... i thought it was AK47 not AK74... i've never heard of an AK74... you think they made a typo?

mytag.gif

AAAGGGHHH!!! Too many games!!! I haven't even finished Jedi Knight II yet.

Hell, I haven't even finished RTCW.

OK scratch that, just finished JK II. Holy fucking shit. Nothing compares to turning on Force Speed and slicing through a whole room of a dozen stormtroopers like a hot knife through butter and then the last guy's dead before the first one's even hit the ground.

just got this

not bad .. flies on my system .. p3 - 500 / gf2:mx400 / 320 megs sdram

i might turn texture detail down a notch though incase of shrapnel overload during fight scenes .. i have yet to see action in SOF2

anyone wanna get shamefully schooled by an hpb?

Originally posted by KiFe

man.. the ak74 it quickly becomming my gun of choice.. .but what the fuck... i thought it was AK47 not AK74... i've never heard of an AK74... you think they made a typo?

mytag.gif

YES!!
all the other automatic weapons are weak as shit..
the other #5 machine guns seem so much weaker, and the one with the explosive shell secondary fire..those shells are crap.. not like in half life where they'd fuck you up..

the M-60 shoots alot, but doesnt do alot of damage... for some reason the ak 47 just cuts you down nice and quick like.

Anybody awake and up for a game? I'm utterly bored now that Batman beat the bad guys and flew away. With my heart.