• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Soldier of Fortune 2 Multiplayer Test!

MM1 Grenade Launcher

shot0028.jpg

Micro Uzi, motherbitches

shot0007.jpg

AK74 with attached bayonette - click secondary fire for stabbery!

shot0030.jpg

How to give someone a makeover with the butt end of a shotgun

shot0033.jpg

Okay, I'm going to dump this to Swenard's site as well as fire it off to a couple people I'm sending to via ICQ at the moment. PM Swenard for ftp login details to grab it from there. As well if we can get someone else to help spread it around it would be nice. Going to go workout for a bit in the meantime. Hopefully enough people will have it tonight for me to throw up a server. I can't wait to see what kind of death effects they have in this game, after the uproar that SOF1 started.

This is just a multiplayer test , so the only game you can play is multiplayer (so need to have a server set up in order to have someone to play against), and it appears that this is the only map you can play. However, I just talked to someone who for their sake I'll leave anonymous, who is now downloading a 2 CD ISO of a beta version of the game. I managed to crash the multiplayer test once, so I'm not sure how unpolished it still is, or if the beta will be better or worse.

Originally posted by Tearer
Got any pics of opponents deep?

I did some research buddy

sof2_screen006.jpg

sof2_screen005.jpg

sof2_screen020.jpg

sof_screen001.jpg

HOLY FUCK!

sof2_screen001.jpg

I'm gonna hide in the grass... and no one will see me till i bite.

mytag.gif

working on aquiring the whole game BETA

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
wonder what version the beta will be, since it seems as though the multiplayer test is from the release version of the game (1.0). They did the same thing with Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I think

Files have been upped to Swenard and Kife's FTP servers, as well as ravetrash, subsonic chronic, eclectic and slipperypete

Pete losing his head

shot0039.jpg

in the spirit of BBQ season

shot0043.jpg

Has anyone seen a missing leg?

shot0047.jpg

Or an arm?

shot0048.jpg

Wow, they sure went all out on the gore factor on this one, huh?

From the Ministry of [Chirs Sheppard]amputation, decapitation it's a celebration across the nation [/Chris Sheppard]

Prime Minister Highsteppa

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa

From the Ministry of [Chirs Sheppard]amputation, decapitation it's a celebration across the nation [/Chris Sheppard]

Giving you more of what you're looking for?

In all honesty both ravetrash and myself felt as though it was somewhat scaled back compared to the first

But I think things will be different in the final version...this multiplayer test is only 50 megs, you can't put _everything_ in there...But what we saw was damned good. Still needs some work on the sound quality and Pete was having issues with it crashing but otherwise it's pretty damned impressive

GOTY impressive

Just finished fooling around with it.
I can't seem to find any servers, but im assuming that would be because there arent many people with the game.

Graphics and weapons rule though, and its smooth like butter with settings cranked woo-hoo. The M-80 is coolio.

Originally posted by deep
In all honesty both ravetrash and myself felt as though it was somewhat scaled back compared to the first

But I think things will be different in the final version...this multiplayer test is only 50 megs, you can't put _everything_ in there...But what we saw was damned good. Still needs some work on the sound quality and Pete was having issues with it crashing but otherwise it's pretty damned impressive

GOTY impressive

From Gamespot preview
"The game's notorious "gore zones" also seem to be toned down in multiplayer--dismemberment is almost nonexistent. A good head shot with a sniper rifle or a point-blank attack from a high-power AK-74 will behead your enemy, but otherwise, the character models remain pretty much intact. "

Hmm.... So I guess we can blow people up into wee little bits in single player, but not multi.
There was a decent amount of dismemberment when we were playing.. but nothing compared to the first one. Perhaps someone will put out a mod for mutliplayer featuring the wonders of exploding torsos.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
Just finished fooling around with it.
I can't seem to find any servers, but im assuming that would be because there arent many people with the game.

Graphics and weapons rule though, and its smooth like butter with settings cranked woo-hoo. The M-80 is coolio.

We were just playing a little while ago, not sure if you got the message I sent out via ICQ...

the m60 is all over the damned place, but the m4 is one sweet ass rifle. tight burst of fire, no matter if on full auto, and the grenade launcher...probably my weapon of choice so far

all of them are interesting though, and there are weapons that aren't too common in other games...like the m3a1 and the auto shotgun

auto shotgun = fun times
i also thought the flash cloud grenades were kinda neat too.

havent got to use any of the weapons against anyone though, i just like the deep chugging sound the m-60 makes.

chug chug chug

Originally posted by Bass-Invader
auto shotgun = fun times
i also thought the flash cloud grenades were kinda neat too.

havent got to use any of the weapons against anyone though, i just like the deep chugging sound the m-60 makes.

chug chug chug

I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY happy they significantly reduced the damage of the autoshotgun beyond 10 feet...in MOH fucksticks can still take out a third of your health even if they're like 50 feet away