• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Solacevip on the Edge Wheel of Pride Tues Morn!

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
WHOA!

Ok....so I took the day off from work today and I get a call from Edge 102.1. You know....the radio station on Yonge St that plays alternative music. I'm an Edge "insider" and you just login and register for their contests and tickets.

A female calls me today and has asked me to come to the station tomorrow at 7am. I will be a contestant on the Edge Wheel of Pride.

The task will involve me (and others) doing something shameful for exactly 102min.

If I complete the task........I will qualify on June 9th to win:

A brand new, award-winning Hyundai Tucson, $10,000.00 cash and your very own $50,000 concert with the Canadian artist of your choice, courtesy of Max Trax - available on Rogers Personal TV.

Maximum number of qualifying entrants will be 42 from now until June 9th. On June 9th they give away the grand prize. So....I have 1 in 42 chance to grab the prize.

Previous contestants had to do a few crazy stunts.

http://www.edge.ca/contests/wheel_of_pride_challenges.cfm

Any words of advice?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
lol my friend Amanda works there. I have no advice.

I try not to listen to that show anymore, but that's pretty cool! Good luck!

nawberry

TRIBE Member
Have a neurologist temporarily remove that part of your brain that induces the shame feeling before going over, do the stunt, and then go back to get that bit of brain put back in.

If you can't find a doctor drop by my place, we will google "human brain" and give it a go.

Oh, and when on the show, imply that one of the other contestants is a molestor, commercial radio will want nothing to do with that sort of thing.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
lol I'll defenitly tune in now, hopfully Dean and Todd will die by then and Danger boy goes on with the show.

Good Luck! Whats yer name for reference?

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TribeLurkerGrrl

TRIBE Member
OMG Mark! Too funny!

You should have a couple drinks before going in to loosen up... Or maybe start drinking now.

***must remember in morning haze to tune in***

Good Luck!

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Poot, if they get stuck you can dress as a prostitute and go hang out down by the park.

Shouldn't be too hard to find some baggies. Road kill might be tough...

Poot

TRIBE Member
A great idea! And convenient, too, as today is "dress as your lost dream occupation" day at the office. I don't even need to pack an extra outfit to pull this one off today!

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I haven't listened to normal radio in so long. These guys are so annoying. What happened to Humble and Fred?

Edit: Actually Humble and Fred were pretty annoying too... Never mind.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Scavenger Hunt

YES!!!! We did it.....The boys in the morning show sent us on a scavenger hunt in Moss Park.

Yes we used gloves....and I have my hep shots ;)

Found:

A Hooker with a rash (ended up costing us $30 to bring her to the studio.....and $20 from a stranger to send her over to us. She had 3 dirty magazines in her hand)

Human poo
Dog poo
Road kill (some kinda hawk talon)
Drug baggie
A shoe
A sock
A crack container
A needle (capped on the end)
A broken fish tank
A liquor bottle
A beer bottle
A condom
A toothbrush
A razor blade
A milk container
A glove

The hooker went on air and the jetted out the studio because she was embarrassed.

June 9th....I have a chance to win a fucking CAR!!!!

Weird finally attaching faces to the radio voices........They are nice guys......not the assholes you hear in the morning. That's just an act.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
[- FuNKtiOn -] said:
congrats on the win.

due to my lack of knowledge around the crack world, how do these differ?

hmmm? The drug baggie is your standard miniscule zip lock bag with a "print" of some sort on the outside of it.

The crack container look like a large vial used to hold a liquid such as GHB or crack rocks.....there was a white substance in the vial.

http://www.edge.ca/contests/wheel_of_pride_challenges.cfm?rem=36615

Last edited:

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
solacevip said:
hmmm? The drug baggie is your standard miniscule zip lock bag with a "print" of some sort on the outside of it.

The crack container look like a large vial used to hold a liquid such as GHB or crack rocks.....there was a white substance in the vial.
ah, so drug baggie vs drug vial. gotcha.
it all makes sense now.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
solacevip said:
YES!!!! We did it.....The boys in the morning show sent us on a scavenger hunt in Moss Park.

Yes we used gloves....and I have my hep shots ;)

Found:

A Hooker with a rash (ended up costing us $30 to bring her to the studio.....and $20 from a stranger to send her over to us. She had 3 dirty magazines in her hand)

Human poo
Dog poo
Road kill (some kinda hawk talon)
Drug baggie
A shoe
A sock
A crack container
A needle (capped on the end)
A broken fish tank
A liquor bottle
A beer bottle
A condom
A toothbrush
A razor blade
A milk container
A glove

The hooker went on air and the jetted out the studio because she was embarrassed.

June 9th....I have a chance to win a fucking CAR!!!!

Weird finally attaching faces to the radio voices........They are nice guys......not the assholes you hear in the morning. That's just an act.

If you're willing to do that, then you're just about ready to drive a Hyundai!

Seriously though, way to exploit folks that don't have anything. Maybe they should do something worthwhile with their promo money :rolleyes: