• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sodastream

kuba

TRIBE Member
Tell me; do you have a sodastream? do you like it? my wife is a perrier addict, will it replace me lugging cases of glass perrier?

thanks for your input in advance.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Buy it. It is excellent. I actually don't use it as much as my wife does. When you pressurize the water, it tastes exactly like perrier. You know that salty taste Perrier has? My wife drinks it with some lemon.

We've tried the syrups. Most of them are full of sucralose or aspartame. The cola version isn't so bad.

Regardless, if you use it just to carbonate water you can't go wrong.

And you pay an initial deposit for the canister and then your bring back the empty one and pay money to replace it.

orchid

TRIBE Member
Love it! I don't use it much in the winter, but it's great in the summer for refreshing cocktails, or on its own.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
jake, don't sleep on it. I save so much cash it's insane. to what mark said, I find the syrups a bit much (although i'll get the ginger-ale one every so often) but if it's straight carbo-water, can't beat it

kuba

TRIBE Member
Thanks guys, that's what I wanted to hear. What I have to do though is because my wife is... well, crazy at times, she THINKS perrier is "special". I'm going to buy a case and dump the shit out and fill it up one by one with fake perrier from sodastream and she'll never know. Or, I'll do it with just one bottle to fool her.

Fucking marketing.

interfuse

TRIBE Member
First, I love my soda stream. But does it turn tap water into Perrier? No. Carbonated tap water has a chlorine taste and smell.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Kuba! You just have to buy expensive un-carbonated mineral water and then sodastream it and she'll never know the difference!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I saw one of the old school soda siphons at Value Village yesterday for $20.

ian

TRIBE Member
As an aside, my Mom mentioned this product to me the other day (she's a Palestinian rights activist). In case it interests anyone here. . . Sodastream is the source of a boycott movement right now. SodaStream is an Israeli corporation that produces all of its carbonation devices what is widely considered by many to be an illegal settlement in the West Bank. No matter what your views are on the endlessly debated topic, there are clear human rights issues in the area which call into scrutiny the actions and products of corporations that are based in the area.

Vise

TRIBE Member
As an aside, my Mom mentioned this product to me the other day (she's a Palestinian rights activist). In case it interests anyone here. . . Sodastream is the source of a boycott movement right now. SodaStream is an Israeli corporation that produces all of its carbonation devices what is widely considered by many to be an illegal settlement in the West Bank. No matter what your views are on the endlessly debated topic, there are clear human rights issues in the area which call into scrutiny the actions and products of corporations that are based in the area.
Yeah but more importantly does it make tap water taste like Perrier?

kuba

TRIBE Member
this is a crucial bit of information which will completely sway me from buying this product.

I didn't know this, thanks. I'll keep buying perrier.

Vise

TRIBE Member
this is a crucial bit of information which will completely sway me from buying this product.

I didn't know this, thanks. I'll keep buying perrier.
Seriously? But what about the Perrier boycott movement via their parent Nestle? The environmental/carbon impact of shipping water all over the world when people are starving?

Do your own research man, there are tons of reasons why you shouldn't do one vs the other... :rolleyes:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
Seriously? But what about the Perrier boycott movement via their parent Nestle? The environmental/carbon impact of shipping water all over the world when people are starving?

Do your own research man, there are tons of reasons why you shouldn't do one vs the other... :rolleyes:
The reasons I shouldn't do perrier are less than the reason I won't buy sodastream.

But thanks for trying to balance out the argument and assuming that I care more about the environment than middle east affairs. Cuz I don't.

Vise

TRIBE Member
Cool man, I really don't care one way or the other. Just did a bit of reading on it earlier and it seems like the case against Sodastream is tenuous at best... certainly no worse than what most large corporations do to get their product in our hands at a reasonable price. If anything it has a bit of an odour of a cause du jour for some nutjobs that make a living complaining about shit.

That said I've been looking at the Sodastream for a while and might grab one for the wife for Xmas... :)

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
I've stopped drinking perrier and switched to straight up soda water. no lemon or lime either. Im either drinking water or soda water. I've been curious to know how well these devices work though. For the most part I've been buying soda cans.

canadian tire has one on sale this weekend. for $67

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
the PC mineral water is better than perrier IMO.

Perrier and the other ones all have sodium in them. why do you need sodium in water? and you can totally taste it too if youve been drinking the PC one.
the PC one is sodium free. Im fully addicted. I would have it delivered by the case load if I could