• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

social networks and dating

swilly

TRIBE Member
Ok here is something i have been thinking about as of late because i am bored and like to waste alot of time.

SO there is this girl i like on campus... but i have been kinda apprehenive about asking her out for several reasons.

The most prominent of these is my somewhat reduced social network at my university and waterloo area. Everyone from my year kinda graduated and moved away and so really i only know and associate with a handfull of people on campus.

Thus although i have been thinking about asking this girl out and indeed even her friends have told me that she likes me I often wonder perhaps my reduced social network is going to be a big impediment to all of this. As she is quite younger than I and still likes to go out often and i am kinda concerned about us being on different stages in our lives.

Hmmm perhaps this is being nereotic though.

But... i think not
thus perhaps my question is, should a reduced social network be viewed as a disincentive to date someone? Mind you i supopse i am done here in 8 weeks so maybe it will not be much of problem once the location is changed.

But then i think well maybe i should wait untill such a time that the location has changed and then think about such things.

Then i also think that sometimes i think I over analyze everything and try to relate pretty abstract concepts and quite meaningless components or factors in the societal environment and try to link them to larger cultural and social norms.

Also i think i am nuts as well which does not help
well whatever back to work
swilly

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
thank you for sharing your mental diarhea.

well come on now it makes sense doesnt?

If one is not satisfied with thier level of social networks then it would be silly to bring someone else into this would it not. As it has the potential to impede them or infact cause other problems.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
If you want to get out of your social network and still impress her, wear one of these.

art.monicle.gif

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
then you know what to do, dam the consequences and live dam you, live!

You need to stop thinking with your head right now. Mongo knows!

swilly

TRIBE Member
does anyone else ever get this problem? where they can talk themselves out of doing stuff .

It is not good! But then again if it all makes sense and is quite logical then perhaps it is not talking oneself out of something, but infact seeing the reality of a situation. That perhaps others who have not thought about it, do not see.

swilly

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
you give Mongo a head ache with your babble, just "hit it", maybe it will flourish into a meaningful long loving relationship ;)

I agree with Boss Man, its not that complicated. Its not like you have three hot chicks in the room that want to get with ya for christs sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by swilly
well come on now it makes sense doesnt?

If one is not satisfied with thier level of social networks then it would be silly to bring someone else into this would it not. As it has the potential to impede them or infact cause other problems.
]

geez it's not something you need to over-analyze dude. just ask!

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
you're young life is not supposed to be that complicated.

Just hit it.

i know i know

waterloo can be a real downer at times for me. It makes me think to much about stupid things that i should not be thinking about. That and my flatmates are about as socialable as mutes. Results in a clear lack of stimulating discussion at the home for 85 percent of the day.
Also is not now the time when Seasonal affective disorder starts to really kick in. Maybe i should go tan hmmm

well whatever back to geography at least there i can put my over analyzing everything to good use.

swilly

swilly

labRat

TRIBE Member
man.

i'm in the same situation.
except replace :
- school with amusement park
- girl with cabbage roll
- social network with sweat shop

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
man.

i'm in the same situation.
except replace :
- school with amusement park
- girl with cabbage roll
- social network with sweat shop

so you are saying that your situation with your amusement park is making you rethink about eating this cabbage roll as your are concerned about your reduceded sweat shop networks.

I feel for you

swilly

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's all bullshit.

If you ask this girl out the worst that can happen is she says no.

And since you're already not dating her, that's a tie.

gollum

TRIBE Member
My advice is hit it, hit it hard and fast, maybe she won't notice your reduced social network.

Then you can work your way into her social network.

As an afterthought doesn't everyone in Waterloo have a limited social network? As in noone lives there...except labrat, jeffsus, deep and silver1's non-existent parents.

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall
It's all bullshit.

If you ask this girl out the worst that can happen is she says no.

And since you're already not dating her, that's a tie.

hmmm good point..... very good point in fact

funny how that did not occur to me. I think it might of but perhaps I did not really see it for its simplistic truth.

swilly