• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Social Media Killed Tribe Traffic

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Seems to be far less activity on the board over the past five years... posts last for weeks on page 1 that have little activity. Interesting.

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to be far less activity on the board over the past five years... posts last for weeks on page 1 that have little activity. Interesting.
Actually, the traffic (page views) has been pretty stable over the last few years.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Take into corroborating factors of age, marriages, children, homelife and certain pages/threads will remain on page 1. As for 'posts' on the main page lasting for 'weeks', not so much.

Thanks for the update though.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Wait till Google and Facebook go at each other tooth and nail with their social networks - full out. And a new Microsoft social network was leaked last week called Tulip or some such crap that will soon launch. I already think that a lot of people are suffering from social network curating fatigue just with facebook and twitter, I know I am. Just wait till they have to curate 4 competing social networks!

I think there will be a demand for simplicity in community, and that is where I want TRIBE to be - here as a constant, available for our members, old and new.

We have a history, but TRIBE continues to evolve as our members do.

Dialog

TRIBE Member
Wait till Google and Facebook go at each other tooth and nail with their social networks - full out. And a new Microsoft social network was leaked last week called Tulip or some such crap that will soon launch. I already think that a lot of people are suffering from social network curating fatigue just with facebook and twitter, I know I am. Just wait till they have to curate 4 competing social networks!
You just know dozens of ... small companies, dev teams, individuals, major software publishers, whatever... are all working on the best app to manage cross-posting across all. Gonna be interesting

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
You just know dozens of ... small companies, dev teams, individuals, major software publishers, whatever... are all working on the best app to manage cross-posting across all. Gonna be interesting
That app will become the new facebook. It never ends.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I feel part of the problem is there is less reason to come to tribe. When I first joined tribe there were always upcoming events and lots of them. I could fund what is going on and it was a one stop for almost everything going on.

Now it seems like there is one event a month, I cannot see how making members pay to post content generates traffic and in the long run generate A worthwhile revenue. With so much competition others are going elsewhere.

For me I use Facebook for almost everything, the only thing I don't like about it is the oversaturation of events, this is where tribe could have an advantage.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
there's been talk for a year or two about a mobile friendly version in the "Ask AlexD" thread, but nothing has materialized unfortunately

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
the banhammer killed tribe.
I guess you're confused when it was 3-6 people posting about at least 100 messages a day on average, then turning on each other, and everyone else in the end..

obviously it seems like a drop, but it isn't. I don't miss their high school shit..

JamesM

TRIBE Member
If it wasn't for promoting and DJing, i would totally delete my facebook profile. So over it.
Yah.. facebook has just become a bunch of dumb shit.. I deleted mine.. I doubt I'll reactivate it.. It just became in the end a vehicle to post pics of me and the girl to let our parent's see what we're up to really.. I just get spam for teh most part..

going back to sending rent's pictures through email.. facebook IS a cancer..

JamesM

TRIBE Member
fuck.. that didn't last long.. I forgot how much my phone is integrated with facebook.. password, password.. damn you!!

Taro

TRIBE Member
I closed my facebook account last sept-oct? I tried to message everyone I wanted to stay in touch with, but not enough of them messaged me back - so I signed up again - although I don't use my name any longer - I have to admit, it does make it easy to stay in contact with people I haven't seen in years, to maintain contact easily with some profs etc (I tend to be VERY conservative about what I post on that site - especially because of the prof's)

that being said, I really still like Tribe - I like that there are no profile pics (I think I've only posted like 2 photos on this site in 8 years) - only have 2 up on facebook - I don't like having my picture online - and, I like that with the lack of photos, it makes people really read the content of others posts -

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders