• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So you Say You Wanna Confrontation...

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
i've listened to square fucker:D all of it! and it didnt hit me on any level and if something doesn't move me on the first listen i rarely give it another chance,thats just me. whats wrong with diversification? not a damn thing my friend,but just because its diverse doesn't mean i have to like it, sorry i dont roll that way. i always try to distance fans from the artists but a large % of buck65 fans always seem to be indie-rock wankers who know shit about shit and it really gets on my nerves and that unfortunatley plays a role in my opinion of him,albeit no a big one.

it reminds me of a house jam i was asked to play at.it was a u of t jam and the minute i walked in the door all i could see was a sea of indie rockers and culture jamming nimrods.some joker was on the decks rolling through the typical stones throw,mo wax set,which i didnt mind cuz i love that shit-but i wasn't gonna play any that night.when my set arrived i started out with steely dans 'peg' a few heads recognized but most were lost,i didnt care i proceeded to roll into some tom tom club,into some sugarhill gang,through a lesson mid-eighties classics with some obscure rock,funk and pop tracks thrown in here and there.i eventually wound up playing nineties big tracks(black sheep,das,beatnuts etc. etc.) then some fucking weak looking bitch comes up and asks if he can play some 'real' hip-hop' and has the buck 65 square album in his hand,i looked at him said 'whatever' and put the kool keith 'panties' that i was about to play back in my bag and bounced the fuck out.

well...your opinion I guess but a narrow minded one...and square DID move me, not on first listen but over time, that's the best way to get into buck...his shit can reach over time so don't rule that oue ;)...I LOVE most hip hop so im sayin this as a fan of hip hop's ways of getting others to enjoy what it has to offer and buck is one of those cats who does that with every release...AND what's wrong with putting on buck after a keith tune?:D

BTW he's our best hip hop export next to the dude from main source and K-os so EASE UP!...I'll laways have respect for buck65

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
nothings wrong with playing a buck track after keith,but make sure its when your playing asshole not me,and after taking these guys through an aural history lesson he has the nerve to want me to play some 'real' hip-hop,that attitude aint the way to get me into that record your holding.

you wanted some fire terra,you got it bro';)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
nothings wrong with playing a buck track after keith,but make sure its when your playing asshole not me,and after taking these guys through an aural history lesson he has the nerve to want me to play some 'real' hip-hop,that attitude aint the way to get me into that record your holding.

you wanted some fire terra,you got it bro';)

I see your point there...if I was a hip hop DJ though I would play what I WANTED to hear...that's me though,I'll only give a lesson if they really respected what I was doing for them, whcih they most likely didn't...and yeah,that was a stupid thing to say...I'm simply defending buck's RIGHT to be rolled in with hip hop's up and coming/guys to look for list...AIGHT...

who else you hatin' on?? :D

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i aint really a hater,its just the mass-hype generated that gets me.i have lots of friends into buck and atmosphere and when its on im not covering my ears and sreaming 'nooooo!'.i can deal with it and enjoy some aspects,but thats about it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
i aint really a hater,its just the mass-hype generated that gets me.i have lots of friends into buck and atmosphere and when its on im not covering my ears and sreaming 'nooooo!'.i can deal with it and enjoy some aspects,but thats about it.

answer the question ;)

didn't call you a hater(I hate that shit too) but you have to have a bit of distaste for a few more hip hoppers...ive got my share(you most likely will share the same views on em')...but who else don't you really dig in the same spot as a buck/slug...someone who's crossing mainstream/underground acceptance?

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
dizzee rascal

OKAY...why him?...I'll be honest Im not too big on the HYPE he's getting(comparible to the first AIR LP!)GOOD STUFF but not the best out there....he's getting hyped for the sake of getting hyped...

in one swoop everyone forgot about ROOTS FUCKIN' MANUVA and that pisses me off!! :mad: ...he's STILL the man in my books

rascal's good though...he's young and seems to be in control, you have to respect ANY baller who's taking his act to the west

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Roots Manuva rocks!

Dizzee i dunno,listened to it and was like....meh! what disturbs me is critics praising him for what? i read an interview and the boy wants nothing more than some love from the 'cash money crew' and 'e-40' because those are they guys who he loves,so i find it hard to respect him as some saviour when your influences are them.

zoo

TRIBE Member
ohno! reminds me of another certain east coast band who recorded the seminal verse

"it's not the band i hate ... it's their fans"

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Roots Manuva rocks!

Dizzee i dunno,listened to it and was like....meh! what disturbs me is critics praising him for what? i read an interview and the boy wants nothing more than some love from the 'cash money crew' and 'e-40' because those are they guys who he loves,so i find it hard to respect him as some saviour when your influences are them.

read that too...im a MILD fan at best but simply for his age(cmon that's young!) and the distorted,bassy quality of his productions...we need people to remember ROOTS again though...hope he hits us with something soon:)

zorak

TRIBE Member

read an interview and the boy wants nothing more than some love from the 'cash money crew' and 'e-40' because those are they guys who he loves,so i find it hard to respect him as some saviour when your influences are them.

oh give me a fucking break. is it THAT hard to believe that e-40 could be influential??

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zorak
oh give me a fucking break. is it THAT hard to believe that e-40 could be influential??

FIGHT FIGHT a black and a white!! :D

you know this thread is going somewhere when there's a dispute about the signifigance of E-40!

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zorak

i believe it,who said otherwise? not i,go back and reread what i said.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
well ok,i think ive mentioned it a copule times without really any impact and im ready for the heat...

...Atmosphere is WACK!

stop doing that it's really fucking annoying.

thanks,

kid

zorak

TRIBE Member
woopsies, my humblest appologies
(although in my defence, what you wrote isn't 100% clear)

Originally posted by zoo
take it easy on zorak, she's a little slow ;)

you be quiet

zorak.gif

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: So you Say You Wanna Confrontation...

Originally posted by The Kid
stop doing that it's really fucking annoying.

thanks,

kid

naw man...keep it comin'...we need the arguing to continue if we want this forum to actually mean anything...no fun in agreeing :)