• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So you Say You Wanna Confrontation...

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
well ok,i think ive mentioned it a copule times without really any impact and im ready for the heat...

...Atmosphere is WACK!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
then you GOT ONE!!!!!!!:mad:

for real though, I agree that seven's travels was kinda weak for me on the beat tip,just didn't capture the excitement that their previous releases gave me...but explain why ant/slug are WACK!?...GOD LOVES UGLY is emo brilliance, a milestone in a sense and pivotal if that term is actually coined anytime soon...:confused:

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i gave it many chances,honestly everytime i went into play de id throw it on and ryan and dave would always look at me weird cuz ive listened to it so many times there.when i hear the beats all i think is weak and slugs rhymes are wack . im my honest criticism its just another whiteboy album about the sate of hip-hop and why it sucks,i could really care less.

ps

yeah,i know hes half black.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
i gave it many chances,honestly everytime i went into play de id throw it on and ryan and dave would always look at me weird cuz ive listened to it so many times there.when i hear the beats all i think is weak and slugs rhymes are wack . im my honest criticism its just another whiteboy album about the sate of hip-hop and why it sucks,i could really care less.

ps

yeah,i know hes half black.

did your girl ever break up with you,dude??...if so this shit should resonate with you forever!...he speaks about relationship woes like no one ive heard in the genre, he does it in a sensitive,heartfelt fashion, im speaking of course about GOD LOVES UGLY...most of that LP delt with his loss of lucy ford and it was painfully clear he was hurt by it...like I said, if you've had a lost love or shit like that it should stick with you...if not you should apprectiate a rapper from the midwest who took a chance to be less thuggy and actually say words people can identify with

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
did your girl ever break up with you,dude??...if so this shit should resonate with you forever!...he speaks about relationship woes like no one ive heard in the genre, he does it in a sensitive,heartfelt fashion, im speaking of course about GOD LOVES UGLY...most of that LP delt with his loss of lucy ford and it was painfully clear he was hurt by it...like I said, if you've had a lost love or shit like that it should stick with you...if not you should apprectiate a rapper from the midwest who took a chance to be less thuggy and actually say words people can identify with

i dont always have to identify with something to have it resonate,and just because it aint 50 doen't add up to shit for me.it flat out just does 0 for me regardless of its subject matter.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zorak

TRIBE Member
while we're confessing, i too think buck 65 is a little wack. and atmosphere's new album is poo poo for po po puffs.

:eek:

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zorak
while we're confessing, i too think buck 65 is a little wack. and atmosphere's new album is poo poo for po po puffs.

:eek:

man...you're all over the experimental tip right??..then why hate on BUCK!?...he's changing this shit with every single release, the single/video he has out is his weakest stuff...man has at least 20 releases under his belt!

I just don't get it?....not a fan of the counrty/waits influence on him I guess

zorak

TRIBE Member
hey now. i love tom waits.
i dunno the thing about buck is that his music doesn't move me on any level. i respect what he's trying to do and do think that he's good at it...i just don't really feel it.
i like experimental music but when it comes to hip hop, it's gotta have soul on some level or at the very least be extremely funky and well produced for me to love it.

zoo

TRIBE Member
how is this a confrontation?

all MCs are wack.
hiphop is wack.
all your pathetic music is wack and commercial bullshit.

i only listen to micheal jatas, the hardest dj and producer ever known to mankind

he picks his teeth with dillinja, blows his nose into 50 cent's bullets, and shits out satan.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i dont like buck 65,i didn't like him when he was stinkin rich and i like him even less now.you know what i hate even more than blingy commercial shit? fucking whiteboys and their commentary on the current state of hip-hop.to me buck 65 is hip-hop for indie rockers who are trying to diversify their record collection and be down,sorry not with i. and if you wanna come across as some experimental artists don't release a wack single that sounds like a fun lovin criminals throwaway,and make an even lamer video with a stupid puppet.wicked and weird?how about weak and wack,sorry.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
I don't think Buck 65 is trying to "come across" as anything whatsoever. He's being doing his shit, his way for quite some time now- it's only fairly recently that he's really had any mainstream recognition. I think he's just a really opinionated east-coaster that is doing things in a style that's all his own. Perhaps many indie rockers are buying his records to diversify their collection, but that has no impact on the reasoning behind the creation of the music.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
then shut up and do your thing,i have no problem with him recording material til he dies,but dont raise it up a some saving grace for hip-hop because its not...even...hip...hop.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
Perhaps it is not Hip-Hop in the way you define it. It is reasonable and fair to assume that he sees the genre differently. I'm not saying you're right or wrong but rather that the definition of Hip-Hop does not necessarily strictly adhere to your personal understanding of it.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i could care less about this guy,call his music whatever you want.im not saying 'no,no dont you call it hip-hop' if you wanna call it that im not losing any sleep over it.the point being is i find him weak,i've listened to his work since his stinkin rich days and through all the years hes never released 1 thing that has grabbed me-whiteboy bullshit.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
Fair enough. To each his own.
I like Buck 65, but to be honest, I find his older stuff way more appealing that anything he has released recently. Also, I haven't even listened to his stuff in a while...

:)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
hey and im all open to giving everything and i mean everything a fair chance.and if someone can suggest a buck65 track that i might not have heard that might change my views,i will gladly peep it.:)

zoo

TRIBE Member
omid - double header (ft buck 65) is a fun song

buck 65 doesn't rap about the "current state of hiphop", don't know where you heard that, but you're wrong.

in fact, i can't recall any atmosphere tracks that are about the current state of hiphop either ... slug only knows how to write about his ex girlfriends and feeling sorry for himself :D

art is subjective, what it means to you is completely up to you :)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i dunno zoo but ive listened to 'seven travels' numerous times and he aint just singing about lost love.as for buck perhaps im mixing up his interviews with his material,perhaps? either way i know that ive read interviews with him complaining about the state.and its not even about that,i just think the attention given to these artists is unjustified.;)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
hey and im all open to giving everything and i mean everything a fair chance.and if someone can suggest a buck65 track that i might not have heard that might change my views,i will gladly peep it.:)

listne to square 1...all of it fucker!!...can't get anymore hip hop than that...he's not TRYING to be anything but a unique artist doin what he knows best...he HATES hip hop right now so he IS doing his part to diversify it, what the fuck is wrong with that!?...mutherfucker sang about his mom dying of breast cnacer!!

for real guy...you seem like an intelligent dude who has EXTRAORDINARY taste in beats which is why this attack is a little biased...he literally has like 25 releases under his name,...basing it on a few interviews, his wardrobe,a video with a puppet, and the FLC B-side beat is plain WRONG!...man's benn doing his thing for while...

yeah, were all opinionated here but seriously judging by what you normally like, im surprised by the bashing....for real, put square on..ALL BUCK 65:)

Last edited:

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
I don't think Square One adequately displays the talent Buck 65 has. It's not too bad, but he's done way better.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jonesy
I don't think Square One adequately displays the talent Buck 65 has. It's not too bad, but he's done way better.

im talking about straight up hip hop...the man produced GOLD on square i....it's easily the most consistent square and I just thnk it's his best stuff RECENTLY....but then again go to ANY language arts disc...vertex,man overboard etc

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i've listened to square fucker:D all of it! and it didnt hit me on any level and if something doesn't move me on the first listen i rarely give it another chance,thats just me. whats wrong with diversification? not a damn thing my friend,but just because its diverse doesn't mean i have to like it, sorry i dont roll that way. i always try to distance fans from the artists but a large % of buck65 fans always seem to be indie-rock wankers who know shit about shit and it really gets on my nerves and that unfortunatley plays a role in my opinion of him,albeit no a big one.

it reminds me of a house jam i was asked to play at.it was a u of t jam and the minute i walked in the door all i could see was a sea of indie rockers and culture jamming nimrods.some joker was on the decks rolling through the typical stones throw,mo wax set,which i didnt mind cuz i love that shit-but i wasn't gonna play any that night.when my set arrived i started out with steely dans 'peg' a few heads recognized but most were lost,i didnt care i proceeded to roll into some tom tom club,into some sugarhill gang,through a lesson mid-eighties classics with some obscure rock,funk and pop tracks thrown in here and there.i eventually wound up playing nineties big tracks(black sheep,das,beatnuts etc. etc.) then some fucking weak looking bitch comes up and asks if he can play some 'real' hip-hop' and has the buck 65 square album in his hand,i looked at him said 'whatever' and put the kool keith 'panties' that i was about to play back in my bag and bounced the fuck out.