• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So who still gets carded?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I rarely get carded anymore... and i look like i SHOULD be, each time. I'll look 24 when i'm 30.
It's fucking great!

I think it's because i don't buy monkey-piss beers.

ila

TRIBE Member
I get carded everywhere. even when I go out with my parents...and I'm usually the only one at the table getting carded.

at the wine festival I was hunted down, singled out and super carded. the guy thought I was 17. I'll be 24 in two weeks.

it's because of my big fat head. it really is deceiving.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sugar D
I do all the time...

One time when I showed the woman at the LCBO my card she proceeded to pass it around to other employees to say she couldn't believe my age and laughed.

People always ask and then are floored when they see my actual age. Maybe it'll stop when I turn 30..............later this year. :eek:

[SIZE=0.5]but I doubt it[/SIZE]

WHOA.

You look about 21 or so.

Yum.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I got carded at the Fox and Fiddle last year and so did a friend of mine.
The fucking door guy actually looked at the picture and quizzed her on her postal code.

She had moved into a new place so she couldn't remember her old address. Needless to say, he didn't let us in because she didn't remember her postal code. I was PISSED. I said, "You're kidding, right? She has her ID."

We were regulars. We've hadn't had a gathering there since.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
How old are you, btw? If you don't mind me asking?
I'm going to guess 35?

You've got this burly, energetic and hip guy thing going.

aether

TRIBE Member
I'm 26. I get carded all the time buying booze, and I got carded a couple of weeks ago for buying a lottery ticket. My ex-girlfriend (also 26) has a similar affliction. We were out for dinner the other week and our waiter was convinced we were drinking under age with fake IDs. I can't say it bothers me too much.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
The most annoying thing going to buy smokes and even before saying anything, the clerk always gives me this look like "you really shouldn't be smoking. You should be studying for biology" or something.

And then when I ask for my smokes, he/she goes, "how old are you?"

After the whole "I'm sorry.. thought you were 17!" thing, they have to ask me again: "So what did you want again?"

That's what I call bad service. I'm paying for something. I expect it to be remembered and handed to me. They are so busy dealing with the fact that I look 17 that they don't even hear my order.

I FUCKING hate that. Especially when I'm in a hurry and I've got a car running outside. It's such a waste of my time. Now I just take out my ID and keep it in my hand if they ask.

I also HATE being carded at nice restaurants in a group of older people. It makes me feel 16 all over again.

torontobarfly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
How old are you, btw? If you don't mind me asking?
I'm going to guess 35?

You've got this burly, energetic and hip guy thing going.

lol @ burly, energetic and hip....thanks sunny!!;)

i'm 40:eek:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
When I used to teach where Shannon teaches now, the parents would come in and get weirded out that there was no teacher.

HELLO, I AM THE TEACHER.

I had a dad who thought I was in his grade 9 son's class. And a junior highschool administrator not let me in to the office "during lunch time."

"Um, I'm not a student. I actually teach."
"Oh... You mean, you're...?"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by torontobarfly
lol @ burly, energetic and hip....thanks sunny!!;)

i'm 40:eek:

Yowza!
Well, is burly the right word? I just mean big and buff. But not in a muscly way. In a lumberjack way.

HOTTEST burly bartender at the Bedford btw. Anyway, I called a girl "homely" once because I thought that meant domestic or of-the-home. It didn't go over very well. I found out later why. :D

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I get carded sometimes, but i probably should a lot more!
It's weird when i'm with friends that look older then me and they get carded and i don't.

~allie~

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
Its always good for a laugh going with mcbee to the lcbo/beer store.

She almost always gets carded and I never do.
ha ha ha. so true.

i love it.......
a) i find it flattering that i look young (i'm 29)

b) i find it fun because generally the person checking my id gets all uncomfortable and embarassed and i like making them feel awkward.

:)sarah

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
I still get it and I am going to be 31 at the end of May. Funny thing is its usually the place I always go to and they know me.
Its more of a compliment now though

:D

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
So... a years ago, when my brother was in the US for his honeymoon, he pulls out a cigarette and realizes he doesn't have a lighter, so he asks a waitress for matches.....

....and she carded him!!

He didn't show her his card though, he held up his hand showing his wedding ring and said "see this? see that? (points at his beer) think that through. Now some matches please"
"Yes sir, right away sir"

hahahah 0wn3d!