• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So who still gets carded?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
I get carded all the time, unless dressed up. Most times they look at it and smile at me with that "he looks too much like him for me to not let you in"

Fuckers

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I got carded a couple weeks ago at the liquor store. Worse is that since I work from home quite frequently, I get some door to door people stop by occasionally. Once, the conversation went something like this:

Them: Hi, are your parents home?
Me: They might be, would you like me to call them and find out?
Them: Ummm...is the owner of the house in?
Me: Yep.
Them: Could I speak to them?
Me: Yep.
<silence>
Me: Well?
Them: Oh, are you over 18?

:eek:

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
I got carded at the Raptors game last year.

The shitty thing is I was trying to buy a 50/50 raffle ticket.

I think the 40 year old Filipino woman was trying to hit on me.

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
I got carded at Marchee's when I asked for a shot of Grand Marnier in my coffee.

When he asked me for ID... I started laughing out loud... the guy serving me wasn't pleased.

Last edited:

kat

TRIBE Member
meeee..for obvious reasons i guess.

i dont mind..

my lcbo card has the only good picture of me.

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
i get carded ALL the time unless I have been there before and they know. Its sad, i was even carded going to a R rated movie last year.

Usually they just look at the ID and apologize or say something like "you'll be happy when you are in your 30's"

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I get carded sometimes. The most bizarre was when I bought 4 different bottles (champagne, scotch, wines) and it came to $180. I couldn't help but ask what kind of minor buys Moet and Glenlivet. Cristal and Henessey, sure, but Moet?

sk8

TRIBE Member
yep.

all the time. i've been measured, asked to sign my name...

i've been told that it's not that they don't believe the picture is me, it's that they don't believe i'm as old as it says. the wedding ring really helps now.

but opposite to dirt dawg it's worse when i'm dressed up or wearing makeup because then i just look like i'm trying to look older. i wore a suit to a conference once and i seriously looked like a little kid playing dress up.

they keep telling me i'll appreciate it when i'm older. and the scary part is i'm getting to the age when i am starting to appreciate it.

Alita

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweet_e

Usually they just look at the ID and apologize or say something like "you'll be happy when you are in your 30's"

Yeah i get that a lot. One time this girl carded me at the LCBO, took a look at my I.D and was like " Oh damn - you're older than me - you look so young!" hahaha sucka

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
What kinda neighbourhood do you live in that teenagers can afford Kristal? :eek:

I live in Forest Hill. :D But that's besides the point. I was referring to the rappers hip hopping most eloquent about Kristal this and Hennessy that.

Incidentally, I've never seen Kristal sold at the LCBO. How much is it?

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
i went to a restaurant with someone downtown about 6 months ago and she got carded... so they carded me too... and the girl checking the id actually chuckled and apologized