• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

So what's so good about Leslieville?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
East End Meet-up...

Doodle: East End Meet-up

I've created a Doodle for availability dates so please click this link and choose ALL the times you're available, not just one that you want. Doodle will tally each time and then we'll pick the one with the most people. Also, if you're available at 5:30 PM, it means you're available at 7:00 PM so please click ALL the options for that day, not just the first one or only one. Thanks!!!

Message me if you're not sure what I mean.

- Sunny

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
East End Meet-up...

Doodle: East End Meet-up

I've created a Doodle for availability dates so please click this link and choose ALL the times you're available, not just one that you want. Doodle will tally each time and then we'll pick the one with the most people. Also, if you're available at 5:30 PM, it means you're available at 7:00 PM so please click ALL the options for that day, not just the first one or only one. Thanks!!!

Message me if you're not sure what I mean.

- Sunny
Pick a time and post a roll call.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, I actually am going tomorrow to buy sausages too!

I was there today and bought Empire cookies, sausage rolls, and nice fresh baked bread. I have almost gone through a 3kg tub of honey so I might get another of those.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
It would be neat if they had cured meats too like all types of proscuitto and smoked meats that are sliced really thin. I'd hit if it they have some cool stuff to sell like that.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
It would be neat if they had cured meats too like all types of proscuitto and smoked meats that are sliced really thin. I'd hit if it they have some cool stuff to sell like that.
The thinner sliced stuff would probably cost $7 a slice.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Sausages were sold out so they're gonna make 'em for me! :) Awesome.
I didn't even know Strickland's made their own sausage. Got 2 steaks today.

Also, no more sausage rolls. Alex! You're cleaning the place out! Haha.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The Mennonite bacon I get for the TRIBE BBQ is from "Fresh from the Farm", on Donlands - not that far away.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
Sausages were sold out so they're gonna make 'em for me! :) Awesome.
I didn't even know Strickland's made their own sausage. Got 2 steaks today.

Also, no more sausage rolls. Alex! You're cleaning the place out! Haha.
We bought steak & sausage today, can't wait for dinner. I also grabbed two donuts from Paulette's this am, after my trip to the dentist across the street; the verdict: root beer float (terrific) & cinnamon latte (boring), seriously overpriced though $6+ for two, you can get a dozen from Tim's for that price!

And to round out today's Leslieville tour, we had lunch at the Leslieville Pumps and were quite impressed. Preferred the brisket over the pulled pork, love the fried onions on the brisket, but would ask them to hold the mustard next time as I prefer it without. It's not as good as Black Camel, but it's Tasty enough to warrant repeat visits. We also had the corn fritters (loved) & the corn salad (decent but a little too sweet, needed some acid like lime juice).

The chef was out of the kitchen talking to customers, thanking us for trying the place out and he even bought Elliot some gumballs from the giant gumball machine. Looking forward to a repeat visit!

Last edited:

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I went looking for baconfest (followed directions on flyer) I didn't see shit so I left and went to Cherry Beach for our own little rib and sausage and deliciousness fest.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Was there not so much for bacon fest but to get some veg... Busier than normal with not a scent.of bacon in the air... Shitloads of yellow jackets on all the baked goods...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Was there not so much for bacon fest but to get some veg... Busier than normal with not a scent.of bacon in the air... Shitloads of yellow jackets on all the baked goods...
I figured it would suck in the bacon department. As a self proclaimed bacon expert, I can declare that a 'Bacon Festival' should have more than a few sprinkles of bacon, here and there, on over-priced food items that are normally sold every week at the venue.

1. It should be all about bacon.
  2. It should be affordable.
  3. It should be more than hype.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I figured it would suck in the bacon department. As a self proclaimed bacon expert, I can declare that a 'Bacon Festival' should have more than a few sprinkles of bacon, here and there, on over-priced food items that are normally sold every week at the venue.

1. It should be all about bacon.
  2. It should be affordable.
  3. It should be more than hype.
I concur! LET'S START OUR OWN BACONFEST (after wemf)

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Last night for a Thursday the bars were packed and hopping in Leslieville. The outdoor patios were very lively with a good vibe all evening. We hit Ceili Cottage, Joy Bistro's, Prohibition and even had last call at Jilly's. There were even a few strippers that weren't so bad looking with teeth. :D