• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

So what's going on in **GUELF** this weekend???

madnezz

TRIBE Member
I'm going to guelf with the debate club this weekend, to go sleep on some kid's floor and to debate, so I'm wondering if there is going to be anything out there to amuse me!!!!! *L*

Anyone know of anything happening, or some good places to go at night??

adios
Laura

madnezz

TRIBE Member
what/where/why?

I COULD just ask you this since Im talking to you on ICQ right now, but I feel maybe the whole board would also care to know. *S*

adios
Laura

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
well.....Guelph doesn't exactly have a thriving electronic scene if that's what you're looking for. The Palace is a club, I think the ground floor is called Trapper's and the upstairs is called The Palace. Cheap drinks, cheesy dance hits, and literally EVERYONE from the university of Guelph goes there. From my experience, its the only thing worth checking out in Guelph.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Preroller

TRIBE Member
you might want to check out Van Gogh's

havent been there for a while, but the Palace is just a drunken pick up type place from my experiances.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Preroller
but the Palace is just a drunken pick up type place from my experiances.

FIGURES, mr furious would tell me to go there! :p

thanks for the info guys! *S* (except for you stormpoo) *grin*

adios
Laura

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
i think wheen i wnet tthere i went to.. ummmmmmmmmmnnnnnn o'rielleys or somethign

but it was pretty packed.. and i don't remeber what they pplayd.. i remember walkin back thoutyh

it was a long wlakk

long

damn it was long what the hell was i thinkin

oh and there was that girl

oahheehe
uhh

have fun!

come to 'loo@

dDave

Cameron

TRIBE Member
Madnezz, I've lived in Guelph my whole life and let me tell you, the Palace is definetly not the place to be. It's like highschool, in club form.

If you're in town on Thursday, check out Jimmy Jazz for some live hip hop ya don't stop hosted by DMS, or the Third Floor of Van Goghs for some house/techno kinda thing. Jimmy Jazz is the most layed back bar in Guelph, and a personal favorite. It has a heated patio where it gets pretty wild sometimes, a common sport involves racing someone around the patio, only stepping on chairs though, like the floor is hot lava!. This often leads to someone eventually wiping out really badly, always fun.

I'm not sure what's going on this weekend specifically, but sometimes there's a jam happening at the Black Mustard on Wyndom St. on Saturday, deep Jazzy house / Click house / D n B / etc. If there's something going on there, check that out.

Other places of interest might be the e-bar above the bookself on Quebec (kinda quiet, 20 something bar, can be pretentious at times though), or van goghs in general is pretty happening most of the time. Molly Blooms is alright, it's farther north up Wyndom, may want to check that out. The Penny Whistle is at the corner of Norfolk and Quebec and is generally an old mans bar, but the beer selection is one of the best in the city. The Albion is at the corner of Macdonell and Norfolk is seen as a dirty dank bar, which it is. BUT, the clientelle is pretty layed back. Lastly Doogie's/Pablo's just beside the eaton center can get pretty happening too, aimed at mid 20 yr olds.

Now if you're looking for something economic, Boo Radleys is the only place, I think it's like 1.50 for whatever you want, but it has the most horrible location known to man kind. Good if you're looking to get drunk cheap or if hanging out by the auto repair strip is your thing.

Or you could maybe catch me staggering through downtown for you own amusment. The thing with Guelph is that it can actually be a very fun city, if you know where to look.

p.s. If you're in town friday afternoon or what ever, check Baseline/Mudshark (both in the same store) on Wyndom to check out what's up as far as events go...if there are any.

phew!

Last edited:

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cameron
Now if you're looking for something economic, Boo Radleys is the only place, I think it's like 1.50 for whatever you want, but it has the most horrible location known to man kind. Good if you're looking to get drunk cheap or if hanging out by the auto repair strip is your thing.

i went to a rave at boo radleys..in fact, thats my only guelph experience

futronic

TRIBE Member
If you get down to Mudshark which is right downtown, talk to Jen or Deeno. They can let you know what's up that night/weekend. Van Gogh's is decent if they've got the house/techno nights upstairs in the treehouse, but I thought that was Thursdays and Sundays. *shrug*. I don't live there anymore, so I have no idea :p.

-- Jay aka Fut

madnezz

TRIBE Member
oh yeah I totally forgot about mudshark!! I probably shouldn't go there though, cause I cant afford to spend any more money!! *L*

adios
Laura

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MalGlo
i think wheen i wnet tthere i went to.. ummmmmmmmmmnnnnnn o'rielleys or somethign

but it was pretty packed.. and i don't remeber what they pplayd.. i remember walkin back thoutyh

it was a long wlakk

long

damn it was long what the hell was i thinkin

oh and there was that girl

oahheehe
uhh

have fun!

come to 'loo@

dDave

woah.. i was drunker than i thought last night... :) damn thats what happens when 2 best mans and the groom go out for tuxedo fittings then start their own bar crawl :)

Dave

Angeles

TRIBE Member
The E-bar and Black Mustard are nice. Go anywhere else and you run the risk of being surrounded by a) sketchy Rave-On's or b) the "it's my 19th birthday and I'm soooo haaaamered!!!" crowd.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Ron jeremy has a night at the Manor doesnt he?

One question for any guelph people......Have you ever been to a house party at 23 Honey Cresent? Near the river on Edinbough?
They have a pool in the bassment......
Always a good time!!!
Dave